Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

part of injector fell in engine!

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
so i was going to replace my injectors today but while i took my fuel rail off one of the injectors didnt have one of those orange cup things on the end had a look and it was still in the injector hole in the intake manifold got a small flat head to get it out but crumbled and half of it fell inside. im guessing ill have to take the lower part of the manifold off too? (already have the top half off) if so is there anything i should know when taking it off? should i buy new gaskets? not that i would risk it but what would happen if i left it in there would it just burn up or would i run the risk of messing up my valve and/or turbo? was thinking of sticking a vacuum down the runner. so damn mad :ranting:
2iuat8k.jpg

just to get an idea of how much fell in.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
so i was going to replace my injectors today but while i took my fuel rail off one of the injectors didnt have one of those orange cup things on the end had a look and it was still in the injector hole in the intake manifold got a small flat head to get it out but crumbled and half of it fell inside. im guessing ill have to take the lower part of the manifold off too? (already have the top half off) if so is there anything i should know when taking it off? should i buy new gaskets? not that i would risk it but what would happen if i left it in there would it just burn up or would i run the risk of messing up my valve and/or turbo? was thinking of sticking a vacuum down the runner. so damn mad :ranting:
2iuat8k.jpg

just to get an idea of how much fell in.

You might have luck with a vacuum but no guarantee, tape a straw to the end of it and you will be able to poke it around a bit easier... If you want to know for sure that you got it all out though, its all going to have to come off.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
you'll have to get it out. don't start the engine.
if you can't get it out with the vacuum cleaner, youll need to take the intake manifold off and get at it that way.

Cam 'the VL' Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
I'm just gunna be that one guy that goes against what everyone says. It's only soft brittle bit plastic that wouldn't remotely come close to bending lifters. It would probably just burn up. But that's just my 2 cents worth.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So, the above post is a good example of what not to do.

Plastic and rubber doesn't "burn up" it melts. And then you have a sicky thick substance on your piston, your bore and more than likely your valves.

Vac with thin hose that you can get into the cylinder is a good idea, but the issue is you won't know if you cleaned out all of what is in there.

If you can get your hands on an inspection camera, that would be the safest bet to ensure you have cleared the debris.

You can pick up USB ones on fleabay for like 10 bucks.

Good luck.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Yeah that's the injector pintle and yeah good idea to try get it out. Hopefully the valve was closed and its sitting ontop of it and hasn't fallen into the cylinder.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina