Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parts compatibility VY to V2

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Lumina Coupe S (Monaro CV6)
My 2004 Monaro V2 3.8 (badged Chevy Lumina here in Abu Dhabi) needs a replacement for the LCD info screen in the instrument pod as the crystals have bled out.

Used parts are hard to come by here, by I should be able to get parts from a VY Commodore. Can anyone tell me if they will fit or if I can get a cheap, new screen somewhere?

The same question applies to the central locking actuators

Thanks

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
eBay,
and/or some Wreckers here still have units available, but you have to be quick, as they go quickly of people stuff the radios trying to get them out.
The front screen is replaceable, there are small screws on the side, that needs to be removed when you get the unit out.

Last edited:

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Are you talking about the stereo or the instrument cluster? If it’s an early V2 you’d be looking for VX spare parts but I’d guess you have seen pics of our VY interiors to compare. If you use km/h over there I’d guess any SS cluster would do, it would need some reprogramming tho.

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Lumina Coupe S (Monaro CV6)
Yes, it's the instrument cluster not stereo (I junked that a long time ago :) ). We use km/h here, so of course my locally supplied car and the donor would be the same in that respect