Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parts for Commodore

Sticky65

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VL SL V8.
I have had an accident in my VL Commodore which I have owned since new and I am having trouble getting the panel to fix it. Was wondering if anyone would know where I could get one from. Thank you.

Attachments

• ResizerImage570X380.jpg
    ResizerImage570X380.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 279
  • ResizerImage673X448.jpg
    ResizerImage673X448.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 269
  • ResizerImage725X483.jpg
    ResizerImage725X483.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 281
  • ResizerImage881X587.jpg
    ResizerImage881X587.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 279

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Try Rare Spares
If they don't have it listed you'll probably need to source the panel from a wreckers, or someone who's wrecking one

Sticky65

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VL SL V8.
Try Rare Spares
If they don't have it listed you'll probably need to source the panel from a wreckers, or someone who's wrecking one
Thank you Tonner, have tried Rare Spares and the body works place I have it at has been trying for weeks to get a panel that isn't too bad to fit but to no avail. Thank you.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Honestly that's considered a write off as the boot floor will have copped it along with the rear panel and the quarter panel. They write cars off with a lot less damage than that nowadays.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As vs-lover wrote, probably a write-off, not in your mind as you have had it since new, but economically, and as it is now an ‘old’ car, regarding parts. And panel beaters are now panel replacement repairers, unless you have $$$s.
Semi-outback country towns are a good place to find complete ‘old’ cars, I have seen a lot in my travels lately, but that can be a time consuming, frustrating search. You could get lucky and find a ‘backyard potential restoration’ donor.
I had trouble finding a VZ dash part in the larger city wrecking yards, as they all said that bodies pre VE are stripped and then crushed.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
and these clowns want to turn your pockets inside out, thus as figjam also suggested it's a write off and it would only be repaired if it was a Brock or a HSV. Being a standard type VL just doesn't make it any more valuable. I cried when I saw my old VL at U-pull-it quite a few years after I sold it. It was stripped bare compared to all the other VL's in the yard at the time, but then perfect Sandalwood interiors are hard to come by, even 15 years ago.

Sticky65

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VL SL V8.
Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you think anyone is going to pay $45,000 for a non HDT Brock vehicle you're dreamin' as are all the dreamers on Carsales.

Honestly that site should be called "Car Exhibitionists" as that's all they are, people that love to show everyone what they've got. It's been long known that this is common for automotive voyeurism. The site itself survives on these sort of people and is only too happy to take their cash.

Please don't take this the wrong way but if you've been to the damaged vehicle auctions lately you'll see that far more expensive vehicles get written off for far less damage. It's simply the price of labour in this country makes repairing anything far too cost prohibitive nowadays.

Sticky65

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VL SL V8.
So vs-lover you have been watching Carsales and VL V8s selling lately have you. I posted on the forum for help with a panel, I have a payout from Budget (the money is in the bank) and all I wanted was maybe someone to tell me where I could get a panel. If you can tell me where I can get a panel good if not don't post. What is it with people that post on here always trying to knock other people and their cars, please don't take this the wrong way, jealous maybe.

Last edited: