Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

passenger door lock is rooted, HELP PLEASE

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
hi all, been a while since ive been on here, anyway ive got a slight problem.

the passenger door wont unlock on my car, and as it has been locked and safe while i have been at work, it has not bothered me, until some of my mates were forced to enter dukes of hazard style. the car is a ute so i have no other option. anyway i tried unlocking the door with the key on the outside and it would start tuning halfway but not fully unlock the door.

i then tried manually unlocking the door from the inside, but it is so dam tight, and i dont want to accidently break any of the mechanisms inside the door. the car does not have central locking, so i know it is not a problem with the wires.

i was just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before, and suggest some solutions to the problem. i am a tad hesitant to try and take the door pannel off, as it is allready quite weak from when i put speakers in, and i dont think i can get it off as i cannot access the screws up behind the door aircon vents.

also some suggestions for places on the northern side of adelaide to repair this problem would be much appreciated.

thanks
Noble

BRAWT_4TH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ssz silver ute
hey mate yeah you do have an issue on your hands atleast its one of your doors 3 of mine still wont unlock and i have central locking :S i had to open my passenger door by ripping the door trim off it is ruined but i was gonna replace it anyways but if you get the door locking mechanism out spray it with crc apparentley they have been known to cease up maybe try pulling the lock up hard then whilst still pulling it try open it from the handle inside or out

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the suggestion mate, but as i said before im not really keen on ripping the **** outa it, so if anyone knows of places in adelaide that would be able to fix this, please let me know

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try winding the window down fully and the spray the latch assembly and whatever else you can see with WD40....stick a tube on the spray head so it squirts where you want it. You may need to push the glass to one side as well. Also when trying to lift the unlock button up, try thumping just below the with your open hand both from inside and outside.
Good Luck.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks mate, ill give that a try

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
does anyone have any new ideas, this has not worked and im loosing paitence with the dam door. next plan is carefully removing the door pannel i guess, and if that doesnt work then when i get a service in a few weeks of a good mate, ill see if he has something to suggest or a place to take it, not keen on the idea of taking it to a holden dealer, which is my last resort

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The only other option really is to try to remove the trim enough to get your hand in there to see if it can be manually unlocked.