Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passengers Airbag cover re-attaching? Ideas

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi Guys,

My Passengers airbag cover has deformed from heat, so I removed it to make it back in shape. Now I need to attach it back and don't want the edges sticking out or it falling off over time.

Does anybody have any hints or tips on how to do this who have done it before?

Thanks.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
This has been covered before (see similar threads at bottom of current page), but I've never seen a cheap easy way of doing it other than replace the assembly which I think costs $700 and are not stocked anymore (!). Some people say they glue it back down but they don't say what with and whether you glue all over it or just at the edges. Maybe a hot air gun could be used to soften it to help it back. Some styles of airbags have the complete front cover hinged so it lifts up when deployed whilst others simply rip and burst from their containers, so you'd really want to know exactly what is what.
I do know that you don't turn the ignition on if the airbag is removed as this sets a fault which can only be erased by a Tech1 tool.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.