Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passengers airbag, vx exec

kjparker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 Acclaim
Hi,

I just got my hands on a vx exec. How do I find out if it has a passenger side airbag or not? I dont care either way, but was hoping, that if it didnt, to use the space behind there for some stereo equipment, or as storage!

Is it possible to open this compartment, in such a way, that it could be closed again? I mean to that it is a hinged door or something, like a second glovebox.

Anyone got a picture of the rear side of a vx dash?

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
it should have this vehicle is fitted with a passenger side airbag on the passenger side sun visor if not its not fitted with a passenger side airbag.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
VX Executive did not come with passenger side airbag. What you on about sunvisor air bag???

Do you mean it will say on the sun visor whether or not there is a air bag installed???

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
it should have this vehicle is fitted with a passenger side airbag on the passenger side sun visor if not its not fitted with a passenger side airbag.
i meant.
If you vehicles passenger side son visor has a spiel saying, "this vehicle is fitted with a passenger side airbag" and then some information about SRS and the airbag.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
SRS means Supplementery Restraint System ( this is wanky code for air bag ).
Just look on your dash mate, if there is a panel than says airbag and a panel on the sun visor referring to airbag safety, then it has an airbag.

9C1pack

Reaction score
I was told by a Holden salesman, that the only way you get a passenger side airbag in a VT (and VX?) Executive is with the 9C1 police pack. Mine has the chrome badge on the passenger side dash that says airbag (or similar).
I believe at the time, the Acclaim was the entry level passenger airbag model, that was available to the private purchaser.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
SRS means Supplementery Restraint System ( this is wanky code for air bag ).
Just look on your dash mate, if there is a panel than says airbag and a panel on the sun visor referring to airbag safety, then it has an airbag.

It doesn't just mean the air bag, it also refers to seat belt pretensioners and other devices which are passive protection equipment.

The Airbag itself is an SIR (supplementary inflation system).

But yes, it will have an SRS logo on the dash pad above the glove box.