Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

passing through regency

fish32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
hey everyone

just got defected the other night (too low) just wondering what regency check on your car? and what are the standards for every think they check?

cheers

fish32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
it's a VS ACCLAIM btw

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
They will go over your car with a fine tooth comb. They have the guidelines on the transport sa website.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id never heard of a rego inspection being called regency inspection until I read it on here.Ive always known it as a rego or registration inspection.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
hey everyone

just got defected the other night (too low) just wondering what regency check on your car? and what are the standards for every think they check?

cheers

yep they will give it a full inspection , just had my mates VS passed on the 4th try . first time thay did every ****ing test under the sun . so ye most go over the whole car before going to rengery otherwise they will ass rape you,For a regency inspection its $137.best of luck with the pr i cks lol

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Id never heard of a rego inspection being called regency inspection until I read it on here.Ive always known it as a rego or registration inspection.

In SA, the VIS (Vehicle Inspection Station) is at a suburb called Regency Park. All major defects (eg. suspension, brakes, engine, body) can only be cleared at Regency. Minor defects (eg.blown globe, bald tyre) can be cleared at a Police Station.

If you got mags, remove them and borrow some good stockies. Take off any extras that are not needed. Remove any large stickers on the windows.

Get a good mechanic to give it the once over before your appointment.

Don't expect to get passed first time. They will always find something.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
In SA, the VIS (Vehicle Inspection Station) is at a suburb called Regency Park. All major defects (eg. suspension, brakes, engine, body) can only be cleared at Regency.

Right.I wondered what it was.Thanks.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah when i was staying at a mates place in GOODWOOD in 2009 he had to go 4 times the 1st 3 times thay kept finding things? then who took i to a mechanic who ended up tidying it so it passed on the 4th attempt,,,,the vis in SA is way worse that the VIS here in melb. best of luck
In SA, the VIS (Vehicle Inspection Station) is at a suburb called Regency Park. All major defects (eg. suspension, brakes, engine, body) can only be cleared at Regency. Minor defects (eg.blown globe, bald tyre) can be cleared at a Police Station.

If you got mags, remove them and borrow some good stockies. Take off any extras that are not needed. Remove any large stickers on the windows.

Get a good mechanic to give it the once over before your appointment.

Don't expect to get passed first time. They will always find something.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
On VS other than normal stuff, couple things to check are seat belt retraction speed, and seat welds on the floor of front 2 seats (under the car) these are checks the VR/VS's fail on a fair bit.

Clean it up as mentioned, remove what doesnt need to be there, make sure all lights, handbrake, seat belts, demisters etc work, make sure you have a baby bolt, and then hope for the best!!

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
seat belt retraction speed,BABY BOLT................WOW IS ALL I GOT TO SAY, SA is mean to its drivers lol......makes VIC ROADS LOOK GOOD(not that vic roads is any better as thay have thair own way of PAINING VIC DRIVERS) AND all this was brought on buy the POLICE pulling fish32 over? wow bet hes going to be out of pocket a few bucks? and taking it easier next time the BOYS are around,,shame ,COPS mmmmm what can ya dooooooooo(not a lot)

LOL))