Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passive Unlock issues RS

Micky2021

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 3.6
Hi all having a bit of an issue with the moment with the passive unlock for my RS . I don't know why but the passive lock and unlock works on the passenger side both front and rear doors by pressing the button on them but does not work on the driver's side of the car has anyone experienced this or knows is a setting that needs to be adjusted ?

Thanks in advance

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi all having a bit of an issue with the moment with the passive unlock for my RS . I don't know why but the passive lock and unlock works on the passenger side both front and rear doors by pressing the button on them but does not work on the driver's side of the car has anyone experienced this or knows is a setting that needs to be adjusted ?

Thanks in advance

the passive system works by the key broadcasting a signal so i would first try replacing the battery in the key and see if that does anything.
if that does not sort it out there might be a problem with the button on the handle or the sensor on the righthand side of the vehicle which would need a dealer to look at, it should be covered under warranty even if your warranty has expired.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Brain fart in the electronics, now it thinks it is LHD... :cool:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
micky could also try and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes to reset the system to rhd, it would not be the first time it has corrected issues with these modern vehicles.

Micky2021

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 3.6
Thanks for the feedback lads I'll have a go with the battery and if no success it's of to the dealer

Cheers