Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Password Help!!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
When I tried to check my hotmail today it said my password was incorrect even though I have it on 'remember my password' and 'remember me'. Then when I went to check my ebay, I have my password saved on that too, it too said password incorrect. The worse part is that my ebay account is linked to my hotmail account and I:

1: Think I used fake details for hotmail (dad was paranoid about the internet) and can't remember them
2: The linked email to my hotmail for my recovery password doesn't seem to be coming through and it's been a few hours now.

Have I been hacked by a virus or something? Is there any possible way to retrieve these passwords? I need them.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yea. Just comes up with the 2 options of send password to my alternate address which isn't working or use location and secret answer which I can't remember.

It's just weird how yesterday it was fine and without downloading anything or going to bad websites, and it's just gone today.

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
Are you using Firefox? if not you should start using that.

Clear your cache, saved passwords everything like that. Then try again.

If that doesn't work you have to contact ebay, see if someone has changed your password/email.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
yeah i use firefox. The ebay one I should be able to get back by calling them up but my hotmail one seems screwed.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I just use my hotmail for all my subscription sites rather than giving out my optusnet one. It's not a huge deal but it's gonna be a major pain in the arse if I have to reset the email for each site it's attached to. Might be the only option though :bang::bang::bang:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
as soon as you click save password or remember me it makes it so easy for a hacker to get your passwords i never click on save password for anything important

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Well I got my password back from ebay and it seems that the account was hacked and the hacker was making listings under my account. My guess is the hacker stole my hotmail account too to prevent me from getting my ebay account back easily. All I have to do now is to make a new hotmail account for all my junk crap but won't associate it with anything important this time.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
if suddeny you cant get into your hotmail & ebay, sound likes your being set up for a scam on your ebay account. Get on ebay customer support immediatly.

edit: shouldnt use multiple windows...