Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Patch Cable For Center Speaker

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hey guys, As you know the center speaker in the Ve Commodore sv6 distorts pretty bad.
The Ve Commodore speakers have no passive crossover they are getting a full range signal from the factory head unit. (Other then the tweeters obviously)
So Instead of just disconnecting the speaker i made a patch cable with a 6db HP filter, that plugs and plays.
Now when the bass is up on 3 or 4 or even higher it does not hold the system back.

Here are some picks

Attachments

• Patch 1.jpg
    Patch 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Patch 3.jpg
    Patch 3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 369
  • patch 4.jpg
    patch 4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 364

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Like your work.
Just to clarify, the filter stops all the low frequency getting to the speaker, right?

I was a bit wary about disconnecting the ctr speaker as it unloads the amplifier. Many home amplifiers have been seriously damaged by speakers being disconnected when signal is on.

I might try your suggestion (if I could get the grill off the ctr speaker)
Cheers

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Like your work.
Just to clarify, the filter stops all the low frequency getting to the speaker, right?

I was a bit wary about disconnecting the ctr speaker as it unloads the amplifier. Many home amplifiers have been seriously damaged by speakers being disconnected when signal is on.

I might try your suggestion (if I could get the grill off the ctr speaker)
Cheers

Yeh thanks mate, The idea behind the HP crossover is to stop unwanted frequency to go to the speaker. So in this case we want to take the lower frequency out.
The 3inch speaker looks to me to be a mid range so i HP at 500hz.
The speaker is good just needs the right crossover to make it work.