Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PBR Brake Calipers & DBA Rotors

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there all.

I have come across some yellow PBR Calipers which look wicked.
There the same as what comes out on a standard Commodore just yellow but the question is can I make them fit over some 330mm rotors on the front?

I was told there were knuckles that you could buy to step out standard PBR calipers so that they would fit 330mm rotors.

Is there such a thing?

If not I will have to sick with standard size rotors.

With thanks

Windsurfing.....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Even stepping them out, you will still have the same pad contact area. The reason behind going bigger rotors is so you can use larger pads. I wouldn't do it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Even stepping them out, you will still have the same pad contact area. The reason behind going bigger rotors is so you can use larger pads. I wouldn't do it.

Agreed, best bet is to upgrade both rotor and caliper to suit. If it is out of your price range try some better quality pads with new rotors.

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan

That is not fully correct.The further the brake pad contact is from the centre line of the axle,the greater the braking force.Also the disc has a larger surface area to dissipate the heat.You can check out what I mean by grabbing a cd or DVD and turning it with one hand while with the other hand,use 2 fingers to grip the cd in a similar way the brake caliper works.
Compare the difference between gripping the inside compared to the outer edge while turning the disc with the other hand.It's simple physics really.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Don't forget disc thickness.
The standard VT 296 disc is 28mm thick and the HSV 330 disc is 32mm thick.
Unless you are running DBA's special 330x28mm disc that fits standard calipers with a spacer bracket then the disc and caliper won't be compatible.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A larger pad contact area will work better again than just having the same size pad further out on the rotor. Larger pad surface area also means less heat generated. The rotor will be more prone to warping with the extra heat that the narrow pad generates on the outside half of the rotor.