Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PBR Master Cylinder

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
My booster is the PBR B258-058.. it not the original one on my vs ss cos it manufacture date is 11-02-99.. just wondering wat the size of the cylinder on this booster is.. there is not numbers on it

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
B258-058 is a VS master vac / Booster, so I would assume you have a VS master cylinder.
A VS master cylinder is 22.22/28.57 mm dia bore (B224-065 for non ute, B224-066 for VS ute)

A VT master cylinder is 25.40/31.75 mm dia bore (B227-066)

Jezz

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Spot on 'knowledge_is_power', I should have read further into the article!!!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
This 'cut' is copied from the site I mentioned previously:

----VT master will not bolt straight to VN booster as the bolt spacing is incorrect. Even if it did fit and you had the spacer inplace to get the rod length right you would have no studs left to hold the thing on.
VT master has the same stud pattern as VS so it would fit on a VS booster. However would require a spacer once again and run out of stud length to hold it on.
VS booster is a single diaphragm plastic unit and doesn't put out the assistance that a double unit does. Its slightly larger than the double unit in diameter but still loses out to its "fatter" brother in boost.This is not altogether a bad thing. I personally don't like boosters. I prefer to feel the pedal underfoot. My personal choice would be a balance bar and twin master cylinder setup.-----