Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PCM/ECU Replacment

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
I'm getting PCM changed on Thursday. Error code 47. Intially they tell me they got a 18X code and couldn't work out why. Things like my cooloant temp was 40 degrees!

I've had stalls, bunny hopping, sluggish transmission with dogy change points and dodgy fuel levels and rough idling (even for a Commodore!) .In the past they have reset my PCM becasue of transmission probs like above.

My 9C1 which I've had since new used to go like **** of a shanghai, now it's
intermittently. I'vedriven many a VT and this is certainly a much better powered car. I suppose good regular servicing helpls too!

I know how they change the unit, but what's involved? Do they transfer memory from one PCM to another? I know there is NO police memcal (please don't turn this into one of those threads) but are there other settings they need to be weary of of a specific to my car? They tell me they have a PCM specific to my 9C1 (I am aware of the bull**** fact in this one).

Had a look at it today. Is there anything to gleam from the sticker on the front of it? I just don't want to be stitched on this even though it's not costing the dealer only the extended warranty people.

Look forward to some help.

Attachments

• Picture(51)B.jpg
    Picture(51)B.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 274

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Send a PM to Dr Bob. He is the man to speak to.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Theres nothing specific other than the memcal to change, if it has a different PCM its only due to RF shielding, nothing too special.
Theres nothing to adjust etc, just plug in the new one & perform the security link procedure with Tech2, all done..

Rob

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Thanks Doc. Does it reset things like the auto? I know they are a learning type of transmission. Will it need to readjust to my driving style?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
no there is only a very minimal learning with the trans shifts, a couple of minutes normal driving will do it
Cheers Rob