Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PCV valve?

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
im having idling problems with my vr, not that it ever idled smooth but it worse than it was a month ago and im thinking it may be the PCV valve. can anyone add any input into my theory and or clarify where the pvc valve is on the vr. im pretty sure its in a rubber hose bout the width of a 5 cent peice and next to the EEC vac lines on the throttle body heading into the inlet manifold?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it should be behind the alternator under a bung

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
behind a bung? that doesnt really help lol :p do you need to remove any components to get to it?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
behind the alternator you will see a bolt head with a washer cast on it on the inlet manifold its alloy the pcv valve is under there.right behind the alternator youll see it

08sky_way

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
I'm a bit late with this comment but I agree with Maldotcom2. I cleaned the throttle body and IAC valve on the Lexcen last weekend and there was a vast improvement in the way the engine idled. It was the first time I'd cleaned it in 193000 km.