Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PCV Valve

Hannan Horsfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore v6 3.6l
Hi, I'm a new member. Have a vz commodore v6 3.6l. Getting oil in air intake from cam ventilation. I presume pcv valve is blocked. Also have 2 cam locator sensor seals leaking oil, presume from pressure build up? So I tried to remove hose from drivers side rocker cover that's connected to pcv valve. My intention is to check valve for blockages, clean and bore out holes. Problem; can't remove the hose to reveal pcv valve. Is there a trick to it or a clip? Feel plastic and don't want to break. Don't want to remove rocker cover if I don't have to. Anyone's advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Hi, I'm a new member. Have a vz commodore v6 3.6l. Getting oil in air intake from cam ventilation. I presume pcv valve is blocked. Also have 2 cam locator sensor seals leaking oil, presume from pressure build up? So I tried to remove hose from drivers side rocker cover that's connected to pcv valve. My intention is to check valve for blockages, clean and bore out holes. Problem; can't remove the hose to reveal pcv valve. Is there a trick to it or a clip? Feel plastic and don't want to break. Don't want to remove rocker cover if I don't have to. Anyone's advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.
this thread is about the pcv
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/alloytec-pcv.279039/
i did buy a new one from amazon, its all in this thread

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL ^^^ beat me to it.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Just a update for all regarding drilling the PVC on any Alloytec.
I have both the Ve 3.6ltr PCV drilled out. Top hole 7/64 the two bottom holes are 5/64