Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

peak

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
Hey guys what does ur vn's peak at, mine all stock (replaced flywheel) peaked at 175kmph in 3rd (white d) when i cahnged out i had to start slowing down?? this but right

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
is that bout right? for a normal commadore should they go any better

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I've hit 200 then quit. That was my aim and thats what I got, didnt have enough safe road to have a run at top speed. Once it changes into 4th on the auto its very very slow in acceleration...

Top speed is supposedly 223km/h from memory but someone said on here they can do mid 230's before the aerodynamics stop them from goin any faster?

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
200km/h

Im not used to absolutely hootnannying, and my vn is pretty much stock cept CAI and 2.5" from CAT back and ive hit 200km/h also, i was pretty freaked out and a roundabout was comming up, glazed the crap out of the breaks to take it. I dont reckon it had anymore than 10km/h MAX. 5 more likely.

No rebuild and 245,000 on the clock.

Apoc.

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
My manual gets up to 180 on my local track before I have to slam on the anchors. Thats still in 4th and it feels like it's still got heaps left in it. 150+ is where it starts pulling away from the type R integras :yeah: . Not sure what it would be like in 5th though. I'm going to put a VL 3.45:1 diff in it so try to get better acceleration and actually have a need for 5th gear. I highly don't reccomend these speeds with standard breaks...

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
VN Commy said:
My manual gets up to 180 on my local track before I have to slam on the anchors. Thats still in 4th and it feels like it's still got heaps left in it. 150+ is where it starts pulling away from the type R integras :yeah: . Not sure what it would be like in 5th though. I'm going to put a VL 3.45:1 diff in it so try to get better acceleration and actually have a need for 5th gear. I highly don't reccomend these speeds with standard breaks...

or non performance tyres commonly found on many commodores.