Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders new coilover kit

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has heard any good words about these new coilovers from Pedders?

Pedders Sports Ryder eXtreme XA Coil Over Suspension

I rang Pedders and they said all these good things about these coilovers but not to sure yet...

Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Mate, all I can do is say what I would do with my money. If you want 'coilovers' then go for it - but my money would be spent on a well-matched spring and shock combo without a second thought. If I was setting up a track car, then I'd definitely go for DMS or Ohlins coilovers - but not for a daily. I believe you can get a much better performing and more responsive set up from a spring/shock combo than from a coilover set up for the same, or less money. You would likely also have change for sways and at least some bushes from that money.

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have Pedders coil overs in my SV6 and I love them, Although I did get them at trade price and fitted them myself witch made the price reasonable. If your really keen on messing around with ride height and damping settings etc, then go with the coil overs. But if u just want to lower the car and not worry about anything then Id be going with a nice spring and shock combo. Like Tinsnips said the later will be a lot cheaper and will perform quite well for everyday use.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
I have em on my ss....best money i ever spent imo, i had kings springs ssls with munroe shocks previously. These coilovers are way better than the conventionaly setup, you can adjust the bump/rebound aswell as height to your personal liking.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Wow! that sounds great, adjusting etc... I read up on them and was impressed but i wanted to see if anyone had fitted them to tell me how they really are.

So i guess thats a +1 from you for these coilovers.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
There's no doubt that the XAs will be better than the monroes (not terribly difficult to achieve) - but if you're comparing apples to apples, ie performance biased set ups - then I still believe that you can do better with Bilstein or even Koni (Bilstein would be my pick) for less cash than the XAs. But this is coming from someone who doesn't see the point in adjustable suspension for street use (Bilstein rear shocks are adjustable - and you can get koni adjustable shocks too) - To me, it's a novelty on the street - it's definitely essential for track use, but you'd need a much tougher set up than XAs if you were headed to the track on a regular basis.

Best thing I can suggest is to see if you can find an example of each set up to try for yourself and see which you prefer. Like I said, I can only tell you where my money would go.