Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders......no bull

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
k thanks mate, appreciate the help

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Sports Ryder Extreme X

Only last week I had Pedders SportsRyder ExtremeX shocks and Pedders touring coils fitted to my ute.

Not only does it look much better (front lowered 40mm, rear 55 mm) but it handles great. Much better than FE2, almost no body roll. Yes it is a lot firmer ride but the handling is brilliant.

While I am on the topic, the best the guys could do was -1 degree of camber on the rear. To me this seems minimal, however it is still outside spec. Will this dramatically increase inside tyre wear (given that it already wears the insides with IRS) or should I get it jacked back up a little to get it in spec?

I would post some before/after pics if I knew how...

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i got pedders sports ryder springs in mine when i lowered my car, im still running calais shocks and the car rides great, handles good and still a smooth ride, and ride height is allright apart fromm speedhump scrapage.ill prob get sports ryder shocks soon.

SSZ Ute: i got the pedders camber kit put on the rear of mine and it came to the same effect as u, id go with another brand see if they can make it straighter with same ride height, the more the camber is out the quicker ur tyres will wear, ive still got a bit of slant , but tyres are going pretty good considering how i treat them.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Jamie_87 said:
SSZ Ute: i got the pedders camber kit put on the rear of mine and it came to the same effect as u, id go with another brand see if they can make it straighter with same ride height, the more the camber is out the quicker ur tyres will wear, ive still got a bit of slant , but tyres are going pretty good considering how i treat them.

The -1 degree I have got is with no camber kit so don't know if I will worry with one. I will see how it goes on the next set of tyres. Cheers...

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
thanx everyone for all your help! so you can have the pedders springs, but standard shocks, and you get smoothness and good handling? that's pretty cool