Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PEDDERS Suspension $2153 quote for my VN

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
anton1o said:
All them prices are straight off a Dealer on ebay & Autobarn for the Panhard rod..

Dont go to Pedders all them parts they have listed probarbly dont need changing..
Heres a story, i went in saying my front end is making alot of noise when driving and slowing down... They said my steering rack and a hell lot of other parts were worn out causing amounts of sound..

So i went for a 2nd opinion at a Beurepair..
The man said 'These are a high performance tyre and shouldnt be used at the front of the car'
He swaped my front to back.. And to this day i go back to that man for new tires..

A second opinion is a good idea, but dont just dismiss what Pedders have said needs replacing. If it needs to be replaced, then do it.

$900 sounds like a great price for all those things + labour (minus the steering rack). I'd jump at the price.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
did it yourself mate.. sooooo much cheaper..

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Well its been now 7months down the track since the Pedders incident and i havent had 1 problem with any front end bits..

Pedders must give there employes a Bonus for Sales.. So they try and stooge as many people off as possible.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
anton1o said:
Well its been now 7months down the track since the Pedders incident and i havent had 1 problem with any front end bits..

Pedders must give there employes a Bonus for Sales.. So they try and stooge as many people off as possible.

pffft... havent u seen the ads? Pedders....NO BULL!

:rofl:

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
pffft pedders are the biggest rip off. they were gonna charge me between 400 and 500 just to fit ultra lows spings and shortend shocks in the rear. I ended up doing it myself 200-300 and it was piss easy to do. I just wish i could say the same about the front.

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
I went to Pedders so i could get a list of things that they said needed fixing then get my mechanic to check over and repair if necessary.I couldnt believe my ears when Pedders said $2200 otherwise I would have let them repair.

I guess I have to thank my local council and its totally farked roads with potholes that have stuffed my suspension..

@Vn2nv the cars mainly been looked after by me,the suspension is from the factory still .. bar one front shock which was damaged & replaced in accident years ago.

so I expected I needed new shocks/springs but $2200 the cars been treated like a baby since it rolled out the factory.

heres photos of my beast... its got original engine,gearbox,diff etc .. doesnt use any oil or blow any smoke.. change oil every 4000km's got 185,000km's on it,2.5 inch exhaust,had 2 pak respray. etc.

mycar.jpg

engine.jpg

Last edited:

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Never knew vn's come out of the production line with a strut brace, Brock must of been doing a visit ;)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Ok. Pedders are wankers, but they do a good job. They always mention the power steering when you get a check done by them.

When they did my alignment, the guy said my rack was leaking (haha) and some other power steering problems. I called bullshit and told him that was crap and my system was fine. He just shrugged and said ok, well if you ever want to get it done..

I had my PS fluid flushed my Holden a few months on, part of Holdens job is to check the whole system and I told them to check it well. The guy said my system was perfect.

Other people who have gone to Pedders have reported this bullshit about PS systems needing fixing.. Probably a bit like the "mechanics brakes"

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
thats steep,

the dealer off ebay is in hallam, i got my springs for $95 a pair
online performance auto's, trevor i think really nice blokes to deal with, they have a shop front too... in that nice big industrial estate i bet hozy has some fun in

yeah heres how to check if your shocks need doing
push on each corner of the car, if it bounces at all they need doing, if it springs back to place and dosnt bounce its good...

you DONT need your steering rack done, i got told i needed mine done by a mechanic 2 weeks after i had it replaced elsewhere

ace do good jobs and for cheap.. they sell kings for like $140 a pair which is pretty good $95 was a special deal thanks to the group buy...

i havnt been to a mechanic this year, good learning experiance, the internet is there to learn.. you'll save money... lots of it

$2200 is stupid, bearing plates cost $100 but probbly wont need doing, to check them have a look and see if they're popped (sitting high) if they are then change them for $150 you'd want ajustable notherlane ones
as for bushes, id check them all out yourself, check for cracks...

a new set of bushes wouldnt go a-stray