Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders VE Lowering

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Guys, got my car booked in for suspension upgrade going in on Tuesday, i have 2 options to lower my VE sedan, I can go 1inch or 1 3/4 inches using Comfort Gas shocks as i want the look as well as the comfort. Spoken to another Pedders service centre this dude tells me that he's lowered many VE's using the 1 3/4 springs using comfort gas and he reckons they sit nice right to the guard and the ride comfort is nice :w00t: Ive been told that you have to modify the bumpstops on V8's but not on V6's, i guess one its lowered theres no going back. What would you suggest 1" or 1" 3/4 lowering i want it to look good, i dont want a defect by the coppers and i want ride comfort, your replies would be appreciated, cheers :thumbsup:

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
cheers, i just needed confirmation but that was deffinetly the direction i was heading. Do you think i will need to roll the inside of my guards? The size of my tyres are 245/45/18" :w00t: What about the ride comfort & how carefull do you think ill need to be going up driveways etc, especially because my wife will be driving the car too & my boys will be sitting in the back will this be a uncomfortable ride for them? Will i need short shocks? cause pedders only do the standard size and what about bump stops for the front?

feedback appreciated, cheers

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
guards will be fine. You can go much much lower

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
cheers, was worried about that one, you obviously have a ve how low did you go?

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
currently mine is stock hight, BUT i have had the boot full of cable, we are talking 500kg+ in the boot. It sat with the wheels being hugged by the guards and it did not scrub