Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders XA Coilover ride height

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
TBH I'd do it even without the helper springs, it's much harder to dislodge the spring on this style of coilover and not have it land back on the perch. They'd be pretty cheap if you're that concerned, but you're probably only gonna have a bad time if you're slammed and like to fly. As for preload specific to Pedders products, a spring is largely a spring and the branding isn't going to change that, and any off the shelf shock absorbers (of whatever brand - MCA, Shockworks, Bilstein, Koni... - particularly at this price point) are not going to be dialled in enough to where that would make a difference (if any at all). Up to you if you want to lower the spring or not, but your car sure ain't gonna get any lower if you don't.

myksomerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV S2 Redline
TBH I'd do it even without the helper springs, it's much harder to dislodge the spring on this style of coilover and not have it land back on the perch. They'd be pretty cheap if you're that concerned, but you're probably only gonna have a bad time if you're slammed and like to fly. As for preload specific to Pedders products, a spring is largely a spring and the branding isn't going to change that, and any off the shelf shock absorbers (of whatever brand - MCA, Shockworks, Bilstein, Koni... - particularly at this price point) are not going to be dialled in enough to where that would make a difference (if any at all). Up to you if you want to lower the spring or not, but your car sure ain't gonna get any lower if you don't.
I might give that a try. Thanks for your help and advice

It's not slammed, I just want the same ride height as I had previously. I haven't seen anyone else reporting the same ride height problem.