Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peeps Mitsubishi KS XI Verada sedan

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Hey all, this is a new toy for me, a 1994 KS XI in Aspen green metallic over quartz silver, it was given to me as a 21st birthday present from a family friend, I got it not running with a chewed out starter motor pinion as well as the ring gear had taken a beating, but I fixed it and done the timing kit as a precaution and have got it running quite well for a 300,000 kilometre old car, it has had a good life with the old owner and had done Morphett Vale to Pinaroo 2-3 times a week, so its kilometres are ok in my books. I have also started upgrading the speakers as the cones have disintegrated with age, I also ferreted up a rear window louvre to help keep the car cooler during the day

https://db.tt/IsFMk6QUlB

Last edited:

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey all, nothing much has happened on the Verada, I've done a bit more work and a set of more recent and better photos, as well as have a good look at the under body and found the Left side inner and outer boots have torn, the inner C.V joint grease had mixed with water and the outer was more grinding paste, so will be looking at getting it rebuilt or just getting one of a wreck, and might rebuild the front calipers as the car had sat for 5 years before I got it, I've already given it a good service so it runs even better now, and I sourced a near new rear muffler with the correct chrome tips the XI had from the factory.

so my list for roadworthy is

Rebuild or replace L/H drive shaft
Replace ball joints and tie rod ends
Rebuild or replace front brake calipers
New tyres

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hey Peeps. Haven't you realised yet that this is a Commodore website? So far you've kept us entertained with two EF Foulcans and now a Magna. Hasn't anybody told you that neither car was a Holden product?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey Peeps. Haven't you realised yet that this is a Commodore website? So far you've kept us entertained with two EF Foulcans and now a Magna. Hasn't anybody told you that neither car was a Holden product?

I did mention to him that Holden never made an EF Commodore in one of his previous threads.
Who knows what the kids train of thought is, he might be dyslexic or slightly mentally challenged.

I wonder if the Ford guys would be so tolerant if someone started a VN Commodore thread on their forum

Last edited:

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey P plater it's just an idea, but maybe you should try starting a thread in the following forum:
http://aussiemagna.com/forums/
Funnily enough they actually have a section specifically for your bitsamisn verada:

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know, I like pain, but I cant afford bondage equipment, and hey it was free, I had the idea to fix it up a bit then look into swapping it for a VT or VX wagon, then I could be in a Holden again.

Hey P plater it's just an idea, but maybe you should try starting a thread in the following forum:
http://aussiemagna.com/forums/
Funnily enough they actually have a section specifically for your bitsamisn verada:

I am a member already there, nutcase96 is my user name there.

I did mention to him that Holden never made an EF Commodore in one of his previous threads.
Who knows what the kids train of thought is, he might be dyslexic or slightly mentally challenged.

I wonder if the Ford guys would be so tolerant if someone started a VN Commodore thread on their forum

you would be right with me having a mental problem, I have Asperger's Syndrome, or High functioning Autism, the terms are easily interchangeable, I had written a thread in the Donating members section, to explain my quirks, but I don't see it as a disability, I just say I have quirks, and my mind works differently, and anyone with Autism will have one thing they lock on and will incessantly talk about, and mine is cars, I know that I don't a car made by Holden, but I am working towards getting myself a good VT-VY Berlina wagon, which is my dream car.

here is a link I dug up to help everyone understand my quirks easier.

http://medicinenet.com/asperger_syndrome/article.htm

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Personally I can't see the problem with a member speaking about another make of car....Or is it, people are just too narrow minded because we are on a specific car forum, that it's a crime to mention another brand which you own and want to write up about what you do to it.....Geez, some things might even cross over onto the brand of car this forum is based on....

Next, people might start complaining when other members are starting topics about non car related things....I'll wait for it, with some threads currently running

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey Peeps
I wasn't even aware that there was a "Miscellaneous" section in the forum until I went looking for it and eventually found it. And after seeing all the other non commodore threads in that section of the forum....Post away :)

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Peep, this car needs a camo paint job over the base green. Just to liven it up a
bit. :cool:
My dad had one as a company car when they were new. Was the first manual car I ever drove.

Engine bay looks nice and tidy. Usually they leak a bunch of oil out of the rocker covers.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Personally I can't see the problem with a member speaking about another make of car....Or is it, people are just too narrow minded because we are on a specific car forum, that it's a crime to mention another brand which you own and want to write up about what you do to it.....Geez, some things might even cross over onto the brand of car this forum is based on....

Next, people might start complaining when other members are starting topics about non car related things....I'll wait for it, with some threads currently running
Well, my post was tongue in cheek and wasnt meant seriously at all. I tried to add an emoji which would have made that obvious but I have had problems with my phone on this site for months and repeated weird spelling and no emojis proliferate. I really dont have any issues with Peeps being here and find his posts interesting.