Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peeps Mitsubishi KS XI Verada sedan

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
You wont be pulling too many roots driving that around you'll spend more than its worth getting it road worthy.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You wont be pulling too many roots driving that around you'll spend more than its worth getting it road worthy.

No roadworthies required in S.A....As for pulling roots....Don't need a car to get them.....:)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Peep, this car needs a camo paint job over the base green. Just to liven it up a
bit. :cool:
My dad had one as a company car when they were new. Was the first manual car I ever drove.

Engine bay looks nice and tidy. Usually they leak a bunch of oil out of the rocker covers.

Yeah, when I got it it home it was filthy, it had sat under a tree for 5 odd years, so the engine bay was full of spider webs, leaves, and a lot of oil and grime, I cleaned up the engine bay with a s##t load of degreaser before I removed the trans to get to the torque converter, as it had ground the teeth down to the point the starter wouldn't engage and turn the engine over, it took me three days to do, it was fun but I wouldn't want to do it again. I know it has bad valve stem oil seals so I'm probably going to purchase a VRS gasket set and new head bolts and run through the top end so I know I won't have any problems with the heads in the future. Other than that, the engine runs smooth and doesn't hesitate when revved suddenly, and the trans selects forward gears and reverse smoothly with no sounds,

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
If your passionate about cars and enjoy what your doing then good for you.

How much is a Berlina wagon worth?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Car nuts are car nuts, good luck with your aim for a Holden .
Yeah, when they've been sitting around for a bit , usually a bit more work than you usually think !

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car nuts are car nuts, good luck with your aim for a Holden .
Yeah, when they've been sitting around for a bit , usually a bit more work than you usually think !

yeah, I had priced up doing a major service, and that's probably why the right front calliper has gone sticky, the person who gave it to me said that if it was completely rooted when I tried to start it, that if it had a blown bottom end or transmission to just get rid of it to Upullit, or as I call it "The Land of the Roaming Unicorns" which I would have done if that was the case, I was assuming that the previous owners daughter had run it out of oil as there was nothing on the dipstick, but it had just leaked out of various gaskets as they hardened up and stuff, I had a close call doing the timing belt as there were two holes for the tensioner spring on the belt tensioner, and I had put it on the one that looked right but it didn't tension the belt enough when compression strokes happened and caused it to jump and hit the valves as I turned by hand, naturally I had put everything back to together so after cursing the cars lineage and my foolishness, I went and had a cuppa and sulked until the next day thinking I'd damaged the engine severely, but I found no damage had been done, so I pulled everything apart and put the spring in its right spot, and tried turning it by hand again, and no problems there so I got it running and it ran smooth, so I learnt about that, and no damage was done to the car, thankfully.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Seeing as you're looking at removing the head, get that checked....They have a habit of being corroded, especially if they have been sitting around

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey all, another long over due update. I have the Verada progressing well towards roadworthy status, I've finally gotten around to pulling the heads to give a freshen up, i had a few surprises in store for me starting with a known leak at the rear bank exhaust manifold, I was thinking it was just a dud gasket but it was the rear bank manifold with a big crack in the gooch of runners 2 and 4. and on the front bank both studs has snapped at cylinder 5, but there is no corrosion in both heads however, and the cylinder bores have healthy amount of cross hatching, I'm going to let a machine shop clean, check, machine and put the new valve stem oil seals in. And for the exhaust I'll see if I can find another manifold, but if a set of extractors comes up for a fair price I'll put them in instead.