Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peeps other EF falcon futura wagon

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Before I make the "glutton for punishment" comment, What are you studying at TAFE?
Panel Repairs? Mechanic? Auto Electronics?

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Hey, I am doing a CERT II in automotive servicing technology, it's a pre apprenticeship program at TAFE,

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
So Pre -app for a mechanics position at a dealership or similar?

If that's the case, you'll learn heaps with what your planning to do with your wagon.

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sort of, I did my certificate at TAFE and was offered a position as a trade assistant at a workshop, the work is mainly cleaning up and doing odd jobs around the workshop, but I allowed to do simple things on cars that come in, it is a 6 month contract to start off with and it will be reviewed closer to the end date, and if it isn't renewed I am going to look out for an apprenticeship

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time, I got bored the other day, so I pulled the front seats out of the donor car and slapped them into the wagon, my mate jokingly told me I should just badge it as a Fairmont because there is more Fairmont interior parts than there is Futura parts.
I also had a shot at giving the gas system a tune, I ended up tuning it to be slightly rich, I have noticed that it idles a lot better on gas now
Things to do still
Replace transmission
Replace the rear leaf springs
Add Fairmont front clip/ bull bar
Add driving lights
Add a sub and decent amplifier
Cut the rust out of the dog leg panels and replace them with fresh metal then give it a paint in those areas
Give a go at re spraying the roof clear coat

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys and girls, update time again. I have an opportunity to take some more pictures of the car, the only problem I have had with the car over the past few weeks was a slight leak from the joint between the upper and lower thermostat housing which I found out was the upper housing starting to crack,I already have a replacement one, also in a fit of wonderful ideas I would like to put vapor gas injection on the car

20160720_155632_zpsfhmlrswe.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
was gonna make the "you should have washed it" comment....

Until I kept seeing all the body damage...

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
was gonna make the "you should have washed it" comment....

Until I kept seeing all the body damage...

True, I would like to fix all the damage and re do the paint, most of the damage is from people backing into it and pushing trolleys into it as well as some little Sh##s in my area deciding to scratch their initials into it

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, another update on the cantankerous old bird, not much has been happening to it lately other than servicing and checks, I have been slowly losing reverse gear and having a nasty clunk/crack sound from towards back of transmission or front of the tail shaft area, decided while she was up on the wheel ramps to check out what the sound is, looks to be the extension housing bearing is flogged out and is pissing transmission fluid out, I also have a tiny little coolant leak from lower thermostat housing and the head, this is only a month after fitting a new gasket (really annoying me now) I have also been toying with the idea of putting vapour gas injection into it and also adding the aero sun visor to it, but here's one for the electrical gurus around, almost monthly, my left hand rear brake light blows, any idea as to why it would pull this annoying little stunt?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Peeps.

The brake light problem will probably be a poor earth. Remove the globe and clean the contacts in the socket.

On another tack the obvious question is why you persist with these heaps? From what I can recall you've had two and they are both clunkers. It's time to unload them and spend your limited resources on something half decent. Ancient Falcons don't qualify.