Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peeps other EF falcon futura wagon

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Peeps.

The brake light problem will probably be a poor earth. Remove the globe and clean the contacts in the socket.

On another tack the obvious question is why you persist with these heaps? From what I can recall you've had two and they are both clunkers. It's time to unload them and spend your limited resources on something half decent. Ancient Falcons don't qualify.

Fair call, they might be heaps, but owning something that can be problematic is a good way to learn how to repair something yourself and in this instance, help others out in the process.

So personally, I see it beneficial on all fronts....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well he sure has more patience than me. I had a couple of shockers in my earlier days and it was clear they weren't worth persisting with.

If Peeps can sort this shitbox out he deserves a special JC award

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Well he sure has more patience than me. I had a couple of shockers in my earlier days and it was clear they weren't worth persisting with.

I do agree with your comment rationally, but for me I feel it as a personal connection between the Ford and me, I have had heaps of good things happen for me while I have owned it, and I feel I can't just throw it to the scrap yard with all of the time and injuries in getting to where I am now, as well as showing people who doubt my abilities with a car, but when I start an apprenticeship I will be putting money away for a good car which I won't need to spend money on repairing problems with it

Apologies if it doesn't make heaps of sense but ask any questions and I will try to answer as best as possible

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Apologies if it doesn't make heaps of sense but ask any questions and I will try to answer as best as possible

Actually, it makes a lot of sense. When you get to my age, you tend for forget some of the learning you did by trial and error when you were young and I can recall persisting with an EH that was more rust than steel, against my parents' advice. If you can tolerate the frustration and have the determination to learn and beat the problems, you'll probably make a very good apprentice.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I'm sure there are plenty of people that have been in the same boat. I for one did have an EH as well, which used to have an issue at least once a week. I perisisted with it for 12 months until the motor gave up the ghost. I look back and think sometimes why did I keep throwing money at it constantly, but then I think, it taught me the very basics of a motor vehicle, which has been beneficial for me in the long run.

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, another little update, not much has been happening either the Falcon but I got into an argument with Skippy, I wasn't going fast, down through the hills and then suddenly BOOM! Skippy wanted to say hello, and I ended up with a ruined front bumper and bonnet, Skippy ended up just getting back up, gave me a dirty look and hopped away, so got the Falcon home and started to remove the bonnet and bumper, thankfully there was no frame damage so pulled my Fairmont clip and bull bar out of storage and tacked them On so I'm not in trouble with the police,but my car has garnered another Nick name, "Christmas tree" due to green body and red front
1482827453808_zps7nu3hnkm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I'm sure there are plenty of people that have been in the same boat. I for one did have an EH as well, which used to have an issue at least once a week. I perisisted with it for 12 months until the motor gave up the ghost. I look back and think sometimes why did I keep throwing money at it constantly, but then I think, it taught me the very basics of a motor vehicle, which has been beneficial for me in the long run.
Did my dues on an FJ Holden. It fell apart cos it was 30yrs old by the time I got it. Took me 12yrs but I turned it into a fair dinkum Aussie vintage hotrod which is still the pride and joy of the current owner.

whacked a Womble myself the other night. Lucky only bent the front skirt so took it off and pushed it back out the next day.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Go to supercheap, or Autobarn and grab some of those shu roos for $6.00......I have used them for 10 or so years and swear by them.....

Every couple of years I head to QLD and night time I'm constantly on the look out for skippy....With these fitted, they seem to stick their heads up in the paddock and rack off away from me....Which suits me fine

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, another update, nothing much has been happening with the car, until a few days ago when a friends Mum asked if I could remove their LPG system out of their BA Falcon, I said yes if they would get the system decommissioned by a gas shop, which they did and endes up with a Sprint gas/AEB vapour injection system, minus converter and injector nozzles in the manifold, so I went to a local gas shop and asked would it run in my EF? and also what parts of the system I could install myself, so I found out that it will run, but will need a different tune in the gas computer and I can drill and tap and install the gas nozzles in the manifold, and run wiring and put the switch, but I'm turning over the hoses and lines and converter install to the gas shop. also I'm on borrowed time with my transmission, fixed the flaring upshifts and snapping out of Gear with a selector switch, but then one of my mates put DEXIII in it with out telling me, so I have a hurt trans, I've completely lost reverse and have firm 1-2 and 3-O/D shifts, naturally I cut sick at my mate and basically told him to purchase me some 20 odd litres of TQ95 Trans fluid.
But here's some pics of the gas stuff
DSC_0057_zpsreec0hou.jpg
[/URL]
DSC_0058_zpsu7c7zkl9.jpg
DSC_0060_zpstpqcfozi.jpg
DSC_0061_zpsfwrzxqym.jpg
DSC_0059_zpstpnbb6s1.jpg
[/IMG]