Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

peeps VR Executive station wagon

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Sounds like a good plan, use the VR until the Falcon is fixed up and reliable, then start the projects on the VR. It's a good car to learn about Holdens on, pretty easy to work on, reliable engine, easy to find parts and as a wagon very useful for all sorts of things.

Plus you finally have a Commodore and can justify being on JC.

LOL

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Update time again, I got the beast out of the mud and to my mums place under cover, and had a little slip up, previously I had disconnected the plug on top of the alternator, and in my hurry of getting the car back to my mums place I forgot to reconnect that plug, and so I had no charging of the battery, so in Roseworthy I turned of the car and was wondering why the hell it won't start, when the RAA came the patrol man saw the plug disconnected and plugged it back on and gave it a jump start, lesson learnt there I have cooked up a list of to do before it goes on the road again

New tyres
Major service
Check and replace tie rods
Balance and align wheels
Check adjust handbrake
New taillights
Repair the wiring to RH. Head light
Coolant flush and fresh coolant and new thermostat
New wipers
Inspect rear wiper motor and drive- found out no wiper motor exists
Put badges back on
See where power steering is leaking from- leaking from the low pressure line back to the resiviour

Last edited:

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys and girls, update time again, I played around a bit with the VR and found the potential cause of the fuel pump fuse blowing,
The insulation on the wiring to the oil pressure sender cracked open and had bare wires showing, also water and power steering fluid was in the outer sleeve and further encouraged the problem, I am fitting the new one this afternoon hopefully, I also did a compression test and all but one cylinder had 1200 KPA on the dry test, the other one was 1150 KPA so that is really good for a 350,000 kilometres old Buick

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
good luck with it mate...............

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
good luck with it mate...............

Thanks mate, it means heaps, and my hypothesis proved correct, it is no longer blowing the fuse, just have this wire that's spinning me out, it is pink with a red trace, it came from the area around the power steering pump, any ideas as to what this wire is for?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Fuel pump fuse - Get under it and inspect the wiring to the fuel pump in the tank. My VN did this for weeks, and it turned out that during all the dud pumps and tank swaps I'd bent the wire and it kept (Occasionally) rubbing onto the chassis and blowing the fuse. (20 amp one under the bonnet) - Took me over a week to find the issue and over 50 fuses too.

Your Pink/Red wire may be from memory for the coolant temp sender.

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fuel pump fuse - Get under it and inspect the wiring to the fuel pump in the tank. My VN did this for weeks, and it turned out that during all the dud pumps and tank swaps I'd bent the wire and it kept (Occasionally) rubbing onto the chassis and blowing the fuse. (20 amp one under the bonnet) - Took me over a week to find the issue and over 50 fuses too.

Your Pink/Red wire may be from memory for the coolant temp sender.

Hey stockies,thanks for the tips,the wiring wasn't damaged,in fact it looks like someone put an extra sheath over the wiring to further protect it, also there home of that Wire was the knock sensor, probably explains why it didn't keep running,

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time, not much has been happening with the VR, other than pulling out the dash and body harness, also found someone selling some VS SS mags for $60 for the set with rooted tyres, also will get hold of a Statesman body harness and BCM and key head, and will probably stop being lazy and do the plugs and leads

P plater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time again, nothing much has been happening on the VR, other than pulling out the radiator and checking it over and giving it a reverse flush, but I have a slowly growing collection of Statesman and Berlina parts including a dash mat for a statesman, a Calais BCM and matching key head, VQ Caprice door cards a level 3 cluster and a statesman cluster surround, hopefully this week I will be able to get a statesman dashboard wiring harness and main body harness off a VR Calais

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Hey buddie. Ill soon be parting out my silver VS Acclaim. Im keeping front bumper rims and engine but most other things will probably up for grabs. There is front pedders springs on good condition shocks on it. Let me know what things your after. Front seats would come up ok with a shampoo. I ll see pretty cheap as dont have heaps of room to store things

20161006_172018_zps4vuphrau.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thats it there