Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Penfold Holden quoted $490 for 90,000 service

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
Hi everyone,
Penfold Holden in Burwood[VIC] has quoted me $490 :ranting: for 90K service including injection servicing. I thought that this was pretty high considering the normal service with Midas/Ultratune is pretty much in the :bow: $150 zone. is this normal or am i being ripped off ?? this was bought as used car and this is the first major servicing thats being done under me. i bought the car when it had about 79K on the odometer.
Hope you would provide me with the update so that i can cancel or go with the appointment.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Necessary evil

That sounds about right... The 30,000km service on my car several months ago cost me $500. You get what you pay for I suppose - it has driven like a dream from day one.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
I'd seriously shop around.

Holden aftersales seems to have a lot to be desired at some delaerships.

If you don't mind having your service book not having a Holden stamp then go to a Automasters, Ultratune or alike that you would trust.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
for an 80,000 for mine which i only just bought and its just clocked over 80,000 holden wanted $400+ from memory for a vx v8 5.7l