Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

People throwing stuff out whilst driving [FREE RANT]

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
tossers like this **** me about as much as motorbike riders who knock your mirrors weaving through cars at the lights.
I got a smashed screen from a nob in a suby coming the other way who hit the concrete barrier right beside me !! lucky the barrier was there or i woud have had a liberty i my lap.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
If you go down that path be aware that it may in fact be illegal without a proper reason. Emergency vehicles have them for a reason and they're allowed to be there. If you record footage in a shopping centre carpark for example it's illegal, private property. Best place i found that was on the front either where the rear vision mirror is or passenger sunvisor. If only temporary then on the top of the dash in the centre is best. For rear best up high again, otherwise down low on the parcel shelf. You get more of a view from inside the vehicle than at the front and back extremities [and less cleaning of the lenses].

ive been thinking about it for a while becuase i want to put the cameras on the project car, i was planning to have dash mounted gauges so mount it somewhere in there with them so its nearly invisible and mount the recorder and storage device up under the dash, with a switch wired up to the centre console, so i could turn it off in shopping centre carparks or other places where its not legal, is there a way to legally have cameras? i thought it was only illegal if you showed people, like if you record a conversation your allowed to but if you let other people listen to it you can get in trouble

sorry im getting a little off topic

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
At least your alright mate, and yer very lucky it didn't make its way through the window

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
a bird hit my windscreen once scared the **** outta me, do you drive that way regularly? if so keep an eye out probably wont help tho unless you see him chucking more stuff

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
At least your alright mate, and yer very lucky it didn't make its way through the window

Yeah, thats it, rather be here to tell the story, still bloody angry that someone could put someones life in danger for absolutly no reason.

a bird hit my windscreen once scared the **** outta me, do you drive that way regularly? if so keep an eye out probably wont help tho unless you see him chucking more stuff

Yeah i hit a crow coming down the longford bridge once, that sure woke me up, but this thump was a whole lot louder then that. Yeah I drive the road 3 -4 times a week, but Im holidays now, plus I dont think I would recognise it again, it was just a stock patrol, didnt take to much notice, until it was to late.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
ive been thinking about it for a while becuase i want to put the cameras on the project car, i was planning to have dash mounted gauges so mount it somewhere in there with them so its nearly invisible and mount the recorder and storage device up under the dash, with a switch wired up to the centre console, so i could turn it off in shopping centre carparks or other places where its not legal, is there a way to legally have cameras? i thought it was only illegal if you showed people, like if you record a conversation your allowed to but if you let other people listen to it you can get in trouble

sorry im getting a little off topic
Definatly private property is where youd have to turn it off :( Anywhere which records private property would be illegal (so even if you got a shot of other peoples places [even if just their front yard]). However that said, if a collision happens or you catch something illegal then authorities like the systems. It's up to you, just dont get caught with them? Other than that if your involved in a collision and police rock up and it's not your fault and they decide to blame you, you have solid evidence you can show them, or you can hold off for a day and check and then tell them, saying you were in shock and forgot about the system.

If you hide them then that would be better, no one will be able to tell they're there :)

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
I have like the Noahs arch of road kills with my cars.. Im cursed..lol
Kangaroos, cats, a bird, rabbits, wallabies, a bat, a snake..I have only had my licence 2 years!

I was following a ute one day and a big stick fell out of it, hit the road and bounced up into the front of my car. I pulled up straight away to check my car (didn't think twice to get the rego of the ute :bang: ) Luckily didn't do any real damage but left a black mark I still haven't been able to remove. (it looks like I scraped my car on something)

The only other thing that has happened which is kinda on topic of a dog act is someone scraped my car along the top of the back wheel and a bit down the trolley strip either reversing out or parking their car at a club and no note or anything, just some free dark blue paint..
I was just glad because the day before I nearly ripped the trolley strips off! now they are here to stay..lol

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
WTF?!?! He was in a Nissan Patrol and the cops couldn't catch him? Were the cops on postie bikes?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
Definatly private property is where youd have to turn it off Anywhere which records private property would be illegal (so even if you got a shot of other peoples places [even if just their front yard]). However that said, if a collision happens or you catch something illegal then authorities like the systems. It's up to you, just dont get caught with them? Other than that if your involved in a collision and police rock up and it's not your fault and they decide to blame you, you have solid evidence you can show them, or you can hold off for a day and check and then tell them, saying you were in shock and forgot about the system.

If you hide them then that would be better, no one will be able to tell they're there

even if you cant show the footage to the police they would be useful in what happened to tom cos you could just go back through the video and get the number plate, cops wont know the difference ;)

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
i fume when i see dick heads in front at night smoking at night and flick the butt, it hits the ground in front of your car and you can see all the glowing red ash flick up and hit your car

Yep had that happen a few times, one time i followed someone for about 15kms with the high beams on them, we get to a set of lights and he goes "why don't you turn your f**king highbeams off?"

And ive screamed back "How about you DON'T use my car as an ashtray c**t?"