Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

People throwing stuff out whilst driving [FREE RANT]

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I got the ute on the road , not even two weeks ago, everything has gone smoothly until today. I was driving home on the highway, which is 100km/h each way (single lane each way). I notice a 2000ish model Patrol wagon coming the other way with his arm out the window, but didnt take to much notice apart from that to be honest.

As he passes me I hear the loudest thump I've ever heard, I seriously thought to myself I had crashed, so I just closed my eyes and tensed up, for a few seconds. Took me a while to realise what had happened.

This maggot coming the otherway decided to throw something at me, hitting the windscreen. I pulled over about a minute later and notified the police in the direction he was heading.

The damage is a circle of shatter's cracks about the diameter of a 2L coke bottle, just lucky it didnt come through and hit me, or I dare say I wouldnt be writing this.

Cops had no luck catching him, and I didnt get a number plate cause I was more like "****, what just happened".

End result, a stuffed windscreen, costing me $230 bux to be repaired (not till monday), and having the cops inspect my car and take about 30 photos of the damage and car.

What type of maggot does it take to throw something at another vehicle, its ****ing pathetic. The ute has finally had its "new car" damage, that you get as soon as you get a new car.

End rant :)

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
thats sucks bro, bad luck...:( what a toss!

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
ohhhh i recon i woulda just full 180ed the car and ****in flew in the direction he was going to catch him. haha then layed into him with a jack handle! haha sorry to hear the bad news mate.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
ohhhh i recon i woulda just full 180ed the car and ****in flew in the direction he was going to catch him. haha then layed into him with a jack handle! haha sorry to hear the bad news mate.

If it didnt take me about 5 minutes to come with it and realise what had happened, I would have. Atleast gone back and got his number plate. I was in shock, never heard such a loud thump when driving, and caus there was a car coming the other way I thought I had hit it. The thump sound was unreal, I've hit Kangaroo that didnt make that much of a sound. Drinking is settling the nerves now though haha.

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hope karma comes back and hits him twice as hard. There is alot of people that throw crap out there windows. I was once riding my motorbike on the freeway and someone threw a cheeseburger at me.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
LMAO VnPlayer, free food, i would've eaten it! :p

I had a coke bottle with coke in it thrown at my car from one guy trying to catch up to my car, this guy was nasty forcing me to drive onto the other side of the road!

I've seen people throw **** out of cars, when i had video recording in my vehicle before the VY everyone that threw stuff out got EPA letters, especially smokers. It's illegal to even drop a butt out the window.

I hit something today too piece of polystrene someone had dumped on the freeway and had broken and a car's gust picked it up onto my bonnet bounced over my vehicle and landed on the cop car's bonnet LOL Luckily i've never had any damage from projectiles being thrown at my vehicle, sounds like you had **** luck! :(

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i fume when i see dick heads in front at night smoking at night and flick the butt, it hits the ground in front of your car and you can see all the glowing red ash flick up and hit your car

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i was thinking about this the other day, mounting a small video camera to the dash of your car or maybe in the grill so that you have video eveidence of knobheads in front of you, the same could be done to the back of you car i supose mounted in the bumper or rear windscreen

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
i fume when i see dick heads in front at night smoking at night and flick the butt, it hits the ground in front of your car and you can see all the glowing red ash flick up and hit your car

This is of course after they smoke it whilst leaning on sombody elses car :bang:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
i was thinking about this the other day, mounting a small video camera to the dash of your car or maybe in the grill so that you have video eveidence of knobheads in front of you, the same could be done to the back of you car i supose mounted in the bumper or rear windscreen
If you go down that path be aware that it may in fact be illegal without a proper reason. Emergency vehicles have them for a reason and they're allowed to be there. If you record footage in a shopping centre carpark for example it's illegal, private property. Best place i found that was on the front either where the rear vision mirror is or passenger sunvisor. If only temporary then on the top of the dash in the centre is best. For rear best up high again, otherwise down low on the parcel shelf. You get more of a view from inside the vehicle than at the front and back extremities [and less cleaning of the lenses].

This is of course after they smoke it whilst leaning on sombody elses car :bang:
LOL, the example provided above was at speed. Well i presume, because that's all i've seen butts do at speed. So if you can lean on someone else's car at speed then get into stunt acting! :p