Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perfect ride height series 2 ss (Lowered)

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hi guys . a couple questions for those in the know.
Ive just had Coil overs fitted to my car, i love the way it handles, but it sits a bit low in the back, and im worried about unwanted attention if you know what i mean.
So id like to know from you guys who have done the trial and error, whats the best ride height for our cars, and still looks tuff.

Secondly who in Perth can adjust coil overs that know what their doing?

Cheers guys

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Didn't they give you the spanners to wind them up and down?

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Didn't they give you the spanners to wind them up and down?
Yeah bro they did, i just thought that if it changes i will need a new alignment done, and i also would hate to stuff it up

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hi guys . a couple questions for those in the know.
Ive just had Coil overs fitted to my car, i love the way it handles, but it sits a bit low in the back, and im worried about unwanted attention if you know what i mean.
So id like to know from you guys who have done the trial and error, whats the best ride height for our cars, and still looks tuff.

Secondly who in Perth can adjust coil overs that know what their doing?

Cheers guys

A few photos of the car from different angles so we can see how it currently looks would be a big help for making suggestions.

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
What brand of coil over did you fit? I have tein's on mine and found that the fronts don't seem to be able to be wound down as low as the rears. My fronts are as low as they will go, it still ride's nice and it has 100mm ground clearance (just), with the standard exhaust. I've since had headers fitted and have had the flange that joins the header to the cat section scrape on a speed hump, so I couldn't really go any lower in the front with mine. Rear would have about another 10mm that they could go lower, but as it sits, its has even tyre to guard clearance front and rear..I haven't measured it, but I would say about 15mm top of tyre to guard lip with standard 19" redline wheels....

H

harrop.senator

They don't go much lower then stock height before they're illegal. We had to adjust up a ve clubby at work couple weeks ago before I broke my arm. With headers n cats we had to wind the coil over up til their was about 2" of wheel gap to hit the magical 110mm .