Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perfomance enhancers on budget?

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Hey all, was wondering what would be the cheapest but at the same time most efficient performance enhancers for a VN 3.8? already got basics. i.e exhaust, pod filter. CAI is next step along with extractors but wanting to know some low cost performance modifications that wont attract too much police attention.

thankyou
Adam

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
With you current mods, Diff gears and a mini spool will have a you snapping 2nd in no time:thumbsup:

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
foam tune is a must in fact i would have gone there first especially at the price and take the excess weight out and diff gears if you dont do huge amounts of highway driving get a shorter belt and dont attach your ac if possible remove the ac composer and radiator attached to it its all dead weight and load on the engine running or not and thats coming from some one thats raced strip only vps before and done it befor

Last edited:

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
Step 1: Steal shopping trolley.
Step 2: Remove engine, find a long piece of wood and 2 bits of rope.
Step 3: Strap engine to front of trolley, weld a pipe from the wheels straight to the flywheel, gears are for jerks.
Step 4: Connect a piece of rope to each front trolley wheels and make the wood a handle. This is your steering, get familiar to it.
Step 5: Your power to weight ratio has increased to the point where you are the baddest thing on the street. Assume your right as king of the road and take what you please.

Here are my schematics:

Attachments

• Trolley.JPG
    Trolley.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 235

Paiste402

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
HAHA if that was only true and able to do without the cops booking ya

PLEASE its totally road legal. The rim sizes are stock with plenty of tread on the wheels, the wooden steering block is new and free from termites, the rope is unmodified and if they start going on about its ride height i will make them measure it cause its stock. Although i hope they dont see the line locker ive installed so i can light up those 3'' mags at any time!

Other than that mate the cops have got nothin on me.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
i love it i wish i had a sick v6 with the wheels attached either side of the block with a steering rack under the front lets see the cops catch me to ticket me lol

Paiste402

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
i love it i wish i had a sick v6 with the wheels attached either side of the block with a steering rack under the front lets see the cops catch me to ticket me lol

damn right!

Now prices start at $3.10 (for an ice coffee) and about $40 for the labour required for me to take the motor out of my bro's VN (while he sleeps) and wack it into a trolley. You have to supply the wood and rope, they dont let me into Bunnings anymore.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
damn right!

Now prices start at $3.10 (for an ice coffee) and about $40 for the labour required for me to take the motor out of my bro's VN (while he sleeps) and wack it into a trolley. You have to supply the wood and rope, they dont let me into Bunnings anymore.

you forgot something ( if tight cornering is needed i take no responsibility for rope burn optional gloves will be offered for just a little more ( cheep garden gloves from bunnings) but if you wish not to take the offer then in no way expect us not to laugh at you wanting a return)
:yeah::yeah: