Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performace oil

sickooli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2
Hello,sorry to be a pain in the but, but i desperately need advice on a fully synthetic high performance oil to put in my ve s2 ss. this is how the story goes, i've booked the car in for a powerpack upgrade,this includes a full one and three quarter extracters,followed by a two and a half inch system with cat backs full stainless steel defillipo. a vcm intake followed by a mafless tune. now please guys, at the moment im using 5w-30. before it gets on the dyno i want to change oil,to what i dont know,as people tell me that changing the oil will give me more power at the tune, the car has now travelled close to 2000k's .desperately need advice on what oil to use.also if any one can tell me with the upgrade what rwkw would i expect thanks heaps love this forum. ps. will post results of tune for people to have an idea for this set up what to expect. safe driving guys regards sickooli

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey mate, ill be getting my ute mafless tuned soon too, ive always used royal purple 5w30 oil and there oil filter, its expensive but is a good peice of mind knowing you have good oil and filter in there, ill be changing mine b4 getting tuned too

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hey mate, ill be getting my ute mafless tuned soon too, ive always used royal purple 5w30 oil and there oil filter, its expensive but is a good peice of mind knowing you have good oil and filter in there, ill be changing mine b4 getting tuned too

+1 for Royal Purple.

But failing that, I like Castrol Edge 5w30

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I use Castrol Edge 5w30 every 5,000k's in my 06 ss with 55,000k's

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
hey man havent heard of royal purple good stuff is it ? how much it set u back?