Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Brake Pads and Rotors

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Hey guys, (i am sure this has been done one way or another so please excuse me)

i am looking into what would be the best performance pads and rotors for my VZ Ute, hopefully not too expensive but something great in performance but good in price and i was hoping to get some suggestions from you

my friend recommended DBA T2 Rotors and Bendix brake pads since he can get is cheaper from Autobarn.

just wanting to get your opinions on this topic.
thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
T2 slotted yes but QFM HPX pads are a better combo.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I like QFM. They last a very long time, perform well in street driving conditions and don’t chew rotors. Not much dust either. Have used both their standard range and HPX.

If there’s the possibility of getting the pads really hot, go the HPX. Recently I’ve just been buying their standard range though and very happy with them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
have you tried them before?

I have had and still have HPX and find them great, better than Bendix on a Commodore anyway. I have a set of RDA dimpled/slotted's I am waiting to fit when I wear out these current front pads. From my understanding a better rotor helps too due to the quality of the steel used. This seems to be what others are experiencing once they upgrade to a quality rotor.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
70-80 bucks for the HPX.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
I have had and still have HPX and find them great, better than Bendix on a Commodore anyway. I have a set of RDA dimpled/slotted's I am waiting to fit when I wear out these current front pads. From my understanding a better rotor helps too due to the quality of the steel used. This seems to be what others are experiencing once they upgrade to a quality rotor.

Thanks for the explanation, so between 70-80 is for 1 or pair? so it seems that they can last a while

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
70 - 80 for a front set same again for a rear set.