Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance chip??? (worth it?)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
1. Do a search and you will see that those chip are rubbish. Search for Nicefrog on ebay (Greenfoam on here) to hook you up with a tuned memcal.

2. They are good cai's but only worth about $50 from Holden, so you are better off grabbing one from them.

Chris_vr

HVY-MTL
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Executive
Oh cheers guys!
Once again absolute legends when it comes to helping!

I'm working on a VR I just got (to replace my last one :( )
I'll post up the intended mods and so on in the My Ride section soon!

Cheers guys!

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
all those performance chips u see for 20ish bucks and say 20hp increase en stuff like that, dont buy them they are unreliable and will most likely **** up ur engine, as with what philthy said search for nicefrog on ebay, they are legit performance memcals

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
my dads friend had one on his car and **** it was crap, made the car run hotter and kept flooding as it tricked the ecu into pump up more fuel, something like that anyway

I have the same CAI with K&N not a massive change but smoother delivery and more responsive

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
In addition to the good advice above, suggest reading:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ebay-performance-chip-q-a.41278

Those "20+hp" things simply trick your engine into thinking it's always cold, the engine compensates by altering the air/fuel mixture, which does give you more power, at the expense of fuel and engine/exhaust life. Stay away from them and get a proper performance tune as suggested above. Greenfoam has an impeccable reputation around here for his tunes.