Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance coil pack for vn

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
Just thought id let yas know some info on coil parks. The standered coil packs have all three coils moulded in one unit. To buy a performance coil pack from repco it would coast you $400 it includes mounting brackets 3 later model Vs type coil packs and computer module. I had the chance to have a look at a set of these and found they are no different from the standered Vs/Vr coil packs. The old man is a autoelecy he checked them out with a multi meter. And then did the same with a set of Vs ones found out they where allmost identical. So i brought a set off Vs coils from the wreckers for $150. The vn feels more powerfull and responds better too.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
hey mate, umm.. you paid $150 for a new set of coils? Im assuming your talking about the VN s2 - VY coilpack (rectangle body with 3 circle head tops). Well they sell on ebay for about $40 brand new. I think you may have been ripped off.

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
re: coils

hey mate, umm.. you paid $150 for a new set of coils? Im assuming your talking about the VN s2 - VY coilpack (rectangle body with 3 circle head tops). Well they sell on ebay for about $40 brand new. I think you may have been ripped off.

I think that is each coil pack is $40 if you buy as a set it would be around $120 and no module. I have all three plus module secound hand and they are Vs not Vn s2 sorry to say. And unlike others i dont like to wait for my parts to come from ebay. :)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
I think that is each coil pack is $40 if you buy as a set it would be around $120 and no module. I have all three plus module secound hand and they are Vs not Vn s2 sorry to say. And unlike others i dont like to wait for my parts to come from ebay. :)

they are $40 for the whole set, brand new. they are the same VN s2 through to vy :)

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
Ok that is cheap! sorry i thought they where different to the vn s2 guess i was wrong. And can you tell me if the injectors fit from a vs? I hav allways been a skyline fan and own two myself untill i sold them because they are coming very common. And i have allways liked the idea of having a vn areo with v6 supercharged or turbo'd.