Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Ideas Please

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Unfortunately V6's just don't yeild results modifying like the old 202's etc did back in the day.

You could drop a couple of grand on an intake and exhaust and make maybe 5-10kw more and it would sound absolutely terrible (SIDI V6's in VE/F's sound nothing like the old Holden straight 6's etc back in the day), they sound like 4 cylinder hatch backs with those giant milo tin mufflers when you put aftermarket mufflers etc on them.

A lot of people remember back to the glory days of Holden 6's in the Toranas etc where you could put a cam, port the heads and some better carbs on them and make big power cheaply. That just doesn't exist anymore, modern Holden 6's you just won't get power out of them or a decent sound.

Do visual mods if you really want to sink some coin into it, put some wheels and suspension to your taste on it etc, maybe some darker tint etc.

Last edited:

Revhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Maloo
VCM Performance make a Cold Air Intake for these, OTR style (OVER THE RADIATOR), 30rwkw gain with a dyno tune give or take. VCM quote the same figures.
Check out our stage 2 package.

I'd recommend a VCM OTR+Dyno Tune.

For exhaust the stock one is not a bad system, but you could go an Xforce 2.25 or 2.5 inch system, with optional high flow cats.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Diff gears/converter, make better use of the power you have.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
got my VE series 2 SV6 in for some go faster bits and the dyno figure baseline was 170rwkw. Will be interesting to see what it pulls after the hi flow cats, OTR and 95 tune has been done

Kevdusty1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
VCM Performance make a Cold Air Intake for these, OTR style (OVER THE RADIATOR), 30rwkw gain with a dyno tune give or take. VCM quote the same figures.

I'd recommend a VCM
Can u give me a ruff idea how much it would cost me coz im really keen on doing some stuff to it. Im in shepperton and i would bring it down for the rite reason.

Kevdusty1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
got my VE series 2 SV6 in for some go faster bits and the dyno figure baseline was 170rwkw. Will be interesting to see what it pulls after the hi flow cats, OTR and 95 tune has been done
Can u let me no if u think it was worth it. Cheers

Kevdusty1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks
Unfortunately V6's just don't yeild results modifying like the old 202's etc did back in the day.

You could drop a couple of grand on an intake and exhaust and make maybe 5-10kw more and it would sound absolutely terrible (SIDI V6's in VE/F's sound nothing like the old Holden straight 6's etc back in the day), they sound like 4 cylinder hatch backs with those giant milo tin mufflers when you put aftermarket mufflers etc on them.

A lot of people remember back to the glory days of Holden 6's in the Toranas etc where you could put a cam, port the heads and some better carbs on them and make big power cheaply. That just doesn't exist anymore, modern Holden 6's you just won't get power out of them or a decent sound.

Do visual mods if you really want to sink some coin into it, put some wheels and suspension to your taste on it etc, maybe some darker tint etc.

Thanks heaps for your help mate ya probly just saved me a heap of $$$

Kevdusty1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

I'd recommend a VCM OTR+Dyno Tune.

For exhaust the stock one is not a bad system, but you could go an Xforce 2.25 or 2.5 inch system, with optional high flow cats.
Im very interested what's the cost