Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance upgrade for vl

adrian222

VL 5 speed now on 18's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 3.0L 5 Speed
i need to make my car go faster, at the moment i have cold air induction with k&n air filter, extractors 2.5 inch exhaust, advanced cam timing. wat other performance things could i do?

XTC16

Certified Wise
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foot Falcon
Aside from pretty much all that you have, time to move to forced induction man, otherwise it becomes a costly process with little gain.

adrian222

VL 5 speed now on 18's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 3.0L 5 Speed
wat can i get in terms of forced air induction? and how much it that?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
stock turbo set ups can be done for as little as 2 grand if you do it ur self but the fact is as ur under the crapy laws that the eastern states, best bet is bite the billet and just save and then indoulge the money in a decent set up when u get of ur p's
and as for waht XTC16 said he is correct, it is a short root to go with the na rb30 and costly just easyer to go turbo and get beta gains for same price

VLturbs87

1 TUFF SLE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 333 stroker
bigger fuel pump, VN SS fuel injectors, 3inch straight thru xhaurst system. bang a set of semi-slicks on there, an you'll be moving quicker.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VLturbs87 said:
bigger fuel pump, VN SS fuel injectors, 3inch straight thru xhaurst system. bang a set of semi-slicks on there, an you'll be moving quicker.

This aint a turbo man... Just a NA 3.0L... A 3 inch exhaust is far too big especially if its a straight through exhaust... the loss of low end torque and power would be too noticable.