Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Upgrade Questions?

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
Hi

I would like to ask a few questions.

i would like to know the bennifits of replacing the stock standard fuel injector's.

what other upgrades will be needed?

i already have cold air induction.
gettin high ratio rockers 1.9:1

i would also like to know if anyone know's of a place you can get a full high performance pully kit for V6 ecotech.

cheers

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Would you be replacing the injectors with new/reconditioned standard ecotec ones or new ones with a higher flow? IMO if your replacing them with new standard injectors you will probably pick up a small amount of efficiency/performance as the old ones currently in it are most likely not all flowing even and have a different spray pattern after years of work and slowly collecting and clogging up with random impurities in the fuel that make it past the filter so I would recommend doing this even for the sake of keeping your motor running in top condition. Upgrading to higher flow injectors it also good but you will probably find that without getting it tuned to suit it will run like a dog and be too rich, especially down low if you put your foot into it, it will have a flat spot and cough and splutter a bit before it gets going (i.e. too much fuel and not enough air). Also depending on how much you increase the flow rate of the injectors you may also need to upgrade your fuel pump to keep up with the demand.
This is my experience from mucking around with injectors on a mates ecotec but others may think otherwise. Hope this helps.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
There is no benefit to fitting new/bigger injectors on a stock or slightly modified engine.
You only need to replace injectors if they are rooted or the engine is modified to the point where the flow of the std injectors isn't high enough to supply a safe A/F ratio.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I whacked in some VERY low k's VX injectors into my VS ecotec, runs ten times smoother, even better fuel economy then before, best money I ever spent, keeping in mind these injectors have a bee's dick less flow but spray the fuel better.

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
cheers guys will take your adivce into consideration.

i am more then likely looking at alot of modifications, to my car, engine, etc.
so if you have any further sugestions on increasing the perfomance of a Vs V6 Ecotec ute.
your advice n knowledge is welcome.
i have a list a foot long of stuff i has to buy n fitt in the new year. as my car is off the road for 3 months due to lose of licnece. so i'm doin alot of work n upgrade to improve my car's performance. and looks.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
i would like to know the bennifits of replacing the stock standard fuel injector's.

i already have cold air induction.
gettin high ratio rockers 1.9:1

i would also like to know if anyone know's of a place you can get a full high performance pully kit for V6 ecotech.
Learn what your motor is called. ECOTEC, no H on the end. CAI: good on you, you're a step in the right direction. If you want to do injectors go ahead but don't upgrade, replace with newer ones the SAME SIZE AND FLOW or you'll need a memcal burned to suit. Exhaust is a good next step I suppose, just do some research and try not to end up with yucky nasty V6 POS drone like 90% of V6 exhausts out there (including mine).
High performance pulley kit..... I don't think you need to worry about that yet so throw that one off the list for now, probably ever.

i am more then likely looking at alot of modifications, to my car, engine, etc.
so if you have any further sugestions on increasing the perfomance of a Vs V6 Ecotec ute.
your advice n knowledge is welcome.
i have a list a foot long of stuff i has to buy n fitt in the new year. as my car is off the road for 3 months due to lose of licnece. so i'm doin alot of work n upgrade to improve my car's performance. and looks.

Plenty of advice floating around here already mate, there's a brilliant thread on Ecotec modification somewhere, I can't find it at the moment. Maybe some other kind soul will know where it is..
edit: found..... https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/buick-ecotec-v6-performance-upgrades.64700
Sam

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
well the first i have to do is change all my flulids n oils.
im getting a short shifter kit.
gettin high ratio rockers.
gettin a stroker kit.
new exhasut.
custom air intake ( 3 inch aliminum pipe, with silicone bends into a bored out throtle body) cold air intake SS inductions
heavy duty clutch.
and gettin high performance brakes.
i already have high performance ignition leads.
and i am fully customizing my interior and sound system

and i recently purchased a VY Maloo Style body kit for my VS. its a nice xmas present for me :)

Last edited:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
well the first i have to do is change all my flulids n oils.
im getting a short shifter kit.
gettin high ratio rockers.
gettin a stroker kit.
new exhasut.
custom air intake ( 3 inch aliminum pipe, with silicone bends into a bored out throtle body) cold air intake SS inductions
heavy duty clutch.
and gettin high performance brakes.
i already have high performance ignition leads. <-- these do nothing dude
and i am fully customizing my interior and sound system

and i recently purchased a VY Maloo Style body kit for my VS. its a nice xmas present for me :)

You do realise don't you that a stroker kit is not just something you get slapped together in a day or 2 at your average workshop right?

DOC Sleepa

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 v6 vs executive
ive heard that a cold air intake puts on 8 kw on but not sure if you have to do more to get that power gain

6 shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Executive S2/ Kawasaki zxr250
Is it supercharged? because mace engineering does a 10psi pulley kit for cheap. Im assuming its supercharged if you want a pulley kit if not dont worry bout one. could you imagine the price on a gilmour belt that long. and bigger injectors arent nessecary unless you want to put more fuel in and with more fuel you need more air
And by the way how much are stroker kits worth for v6s and do they do any signifigant increase in power on a super6?