Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance upgrade vl

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
he already has. and i wouldn't bother with the XF throttle body or hiclones.

if you want more fun then put a manual in it.

his car already is a 5spd! oh and every peformance place i went to said the same thing about an aftermarket cam... the dont like em, nissan got it right the first time... agreed about bigger injectors and high pressure fuel pump... and NO kev im still not tellin ya what my secrets were with my cream vl...some things are better off left in my garage hahaha:p

88cameron88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss twin turbo. 1jzgte
hi. i have a vl 5 speed as well but also have not much money!! Iam under the restrictive laws also. I would like to have a quick vl as well but i want to spend as little money as possible. what can i do to my car???

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
his car already is a 5spd! oh and every peformance place i went to said the same thing about an aftermarket cam... the dont like em, nissan got it right the first time... agreed about bigger injectors and high pressure fuel pump... and NO kev im still not tellin ya what my secrets were with my cream vl...some things are better off left in my garage hahaha:p

depends on the cam spec.

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
yes nissan got it right the first time for a stock motor, not one with work.
If you do some head work like port and polish and valve, raise the compression, cam and run a better plenum, cooler, and better flowing exhaust and with a decent computer and tune, you will still push some power through a NA motor.
i'm don't know the exact power you would get but i'll be guessing round the 200-250 kw mark