Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
just wondering what setup you guys would recommend for a v6 ecotec

i wanna get a stage 2 cam, 1.98:1 roller rockers and sum decent roller lifters

i have an OTR CAI and 2.5 inch cat back exhaust... also getting a stage 2 shift kit installed in a couple of weeks

thanks guys

MACE

Reaction score
Hey W8INL9,

In regards to your questions/statements...

"just wondering what setup you guys would recommend for a v6 ecotec"

I suppose it comes down to what you want out of your car and budget. Have a read through our V6 section of the forum for more ideas (as shown below) but at the end of the day it really comes down to what you want out of the car.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-peformance-parts.96810/

"i wanna get a stage 2 cam, 1.98:1 roller rockers and sum decent roller lifters"

If you have around $500-$700 to play with then I would recommend going set of rockers. Bang for buck these are the single best mod to do on an ecotec 6. If you're interested in our 1.98:1 then they offer the greatest power gains over any other bolt on rocker on the market of which we offer a lifetime warranty on them.

If you have more money to play with but don't have enough to do the heads then I would recommend getting one of our comp grinds

COMP Cams to suit V6 Ecotec - MACE ENGINEERING GROUP

Here is what our stage 2 cam sounds like on idle :) which also runs our mail order memcal/tune to suit.

YouTube - jace's ute running.wmv

Cuts a good skid too :D

YouTube - DFF88VS's Channel

"i have an OTR CAI and 2.5 inch cat back exhaust... also getting a stage 2 shift kit installed in a couple of weeks"

You'll be happy with the shift kit :)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve
1300 GOMACE
1300 466 223

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
i want to get the most out of my car... maybe around $1000 so i think getting roller rockers would be my best option and i can install them myself which also saves me alot of money... do these 1.98:1 rockers need 2 be tuned after install ??

thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
i want to get the most out of my car... maybe around $1000 so i think getting roller rockers would be my best option and i can install them myself which also saves me alot of money... do these 1.98:1 rockers need 2 be tuned after install ??

thanks

Ideally yes, but not required.

Here is what our stage 2 cam sounds like on idle :) which also runs our mail order memcal/tune to suit.

YouTube - jace's ute running.wmv

Damn I knew I should have waited for more billets to come in and got the Stage 2 cam.

Last edited:

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
ya dont have ta get it tuned dude, as it will still work, but as always to get the most out of them then yeh a tune would be a good idea!

MACE

Reaction score

thanks

Tuning is definitely not needed for the advertised gains, with these rockers. In saying this this though you can get even more power out of the setup with a tune.

Cheers
Steve :)

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
ok thanks guys much appreciated help :D

now do you guys ( MACE ) deliver Australia wide ?? because im in Adelaide, Sa ??
if so how much is your delivery charges ??

thanks

MACE

Reaction score
ok thanks guys much appreciated help :D

now do you guys ( MACE ) deliver Australia wide ?? because im in Adelaide, Sa ??
if so how much is your delivery charges ??

thanks

We certainly do :) Express postage to SA is $22.

Cheers
Steve

W8INL9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina Series 2
cheers Steve

now just gotta go pick which roller rockers i want haha

Also forgot to ask what comes in the 1.98:1 rocker kit ??

thanks

MACE

Reaction score
cheers Steve

now just gotta go pick which roller rockers i want haha

Also forgot to ask what comes in the 1.98:1 rocker kit ??

thanks

Everything needed for the job comes in the kit, rockers, rocker bolts, assembly lube and pushrods.

Cheers
Steve