Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
i got a better idea, throw in a rb30, put a rb25 head, and make the mofo rev :D

(and if they ever ask you to pop your bonnet say you cable is broken :D)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Levymetal are you saying you would have the performance of a stock 5ltr with just a CAI and Yella Terra roller rockers? If so I'm buying some tomorrow.

i didn't say anything about a cai or roller rockers, but i was assuming his 5k engine was going to be built with some performance parts. those pistons would probably be higher comp (again i'm assuming though). what's the cam? might possibly squeeze 165kw out of it if he was really really really lucky.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
okay yeah i get it but if you think about i you can do these performance mods and gain an extra 40kw or so but then the cars probably down 30kw from over 20year work and so you don't realize hoe good it would till be out the showroom back then.

to have 125-30=40 your only back up to 135

Of course being young you can never feel like your car is fast enough i know the feeling but that's the whole point of P plates some could drive a high powered vehicle responsibly and others have to ruin it for everyone else by writing off them and their mates.

I would not endorse power of that much. maybe a tune CAI and exhaust and have fun with that man, when your 21 buy the car V8 of your dreams then

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i don't think it would be down 30kw :p. my last car (vn v6) had 96kw at the wheels, which pretty much equates to 125kw at the flywheel. but he's going to buy this engine anyway, so he can chuck it on a dyno and see what it gets. no doubt it is going to be slow though, i drive a 185kw 304 and i find that slow!

i don't think this guy is mature enough to drive a high powered vehicle (ie, "i want to rip the **** out of other p platers"). he's the exact type of person who will kill himself. there are some people that are genuinely responsible to drive high powered cars who have respect for their cars and other road users, but i still wouldn't recommend it to someone straight off the bat onto their licence. i at least waited 2 years to get a v8 :p

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
yeah mate true.

just brought pacemakers today and an finishing off my CAI after i', gona take it down to Box Hill Tafe and dyno it when i do my apprenticeship.

Hey you drive a 185kw car and you think that's slow i should come though this computer and slap you lol. I'd kill 4 that

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
yeah mate true.

just brought pacemakers today and an finishing off my CAI after i', gona take it down to Box Hill Tafe and dyno it when i do my apprenticeship.

Hey you drive a 185kw car and you think that's slow i should come though this computer and slap you lol. I'd kill 4 that

185kw is only mild look back in history some of the old carby v8s could chew that up and spit it out but i must say its still reasonable for current day :thumbsup:

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
to be honest i feel it's just comfortable enough for a daily driver... but yeah in today's terms it's still alright, i drove a ve v6 expecting the performance to be the same, or even better than my car. it's a 20 year old v8 after all... but i was pretty disappointed haha very slow.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
to be honest i feel it's just comfortable enough for a daily driver... but yeah in today's terms it's still alright, i drove a ve v6 expecting the performance to be the same, or even better than my car. it's a 20 year old v8 after all... but i was pretty disappointed haha very slow.

and thats why i have no interest in later model holdens ( all fizz and no pop)

but i spose each to there own

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Yeah i know by today's standard that's nothing i picked up a mag and ead about 375kw HSV who need that much power huh?