Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
the way i see it as long as you can get to 100 or 110 depending where you are reasonably fast but legal i dont see an issue why you need huge hp or kw on the other hand if you race the car at the strip that's different but sure who gives a 5 year old a loaded shot gun
and it takes a person with real self restraint to have a duel use car road/race and not use the full expense of power

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
If you want to get to 100km's quicker take out the subs in your boot and all the unnecessary **** you have in the car people included lol.

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
A stock VN V6 is perfect for just normal driving. Its got good acceleration, great torque off the line (u can tow **** for ur dad), they are big (fit plenty of mates in) and they arent bad on juice. Really mate, wait until ur all legal and just get a V8 when ur on ur full licence. All that money into a V6 is a waste, sure they can be quick but if you pour that into even an old carb V8 you would get better results.

Also you will get caught with ur done up V6 cause cops can hear a hotted up car from miles away.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Yeh I wouldnt advise doing up a v6, I wasted a lot of money on my 6. But its what I had and wanted to do it, though no one could get in my way. I look back on it now(2 or more years later) and think wtf was I doing? I spent over 3k easy on just bolt ons, probably another 2k on cosmetics I wish I put that money into a bank account untill I got a v8 and spent it more wiser on F/I or a stronger engine. But I didnt think how I am now, and made that silly mistake. But its your car and money in the end. Do what you want :)

Though if I could go back in time ild save up untill I got a V8, and would have a lot more money to pour into a car that will give good gains.

Last edited:

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
im 17, and i am hungry to modify my vy, im like you, been savings for a while,

i was going to do similar to youu, but i thought to myself, why dont i keep this 4 grand, wait till im offf my p's sell my car for around 6 grand, while ive been saving and buy one ripper of a car and do it up.

that way i can get a v8, not a b%#ch v6 and ill be able to drop a supercharger ontop of that.

it seriously isnt worth the risk man, a cop with half a brain will be able to figure if ur car has had work done to it, and if he does, wow that will be fun ripping out a beautiful motor out of your car.

im sitting on my cute little v6 in my vy and waiting for that time when im off my p's, i guess it will be worth it in the end

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
The VN standard 5L just makes alot of noise though. My VN V6 eats V8's for breakfast or til about 90kms (in a controlled area) before they build up some power.

The Buick 3800 is not a bad motor for chugging around in. I dont however intend to spend any more money on it. When I'm 21 in goes mr V8

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Those V8's you were racing were either running on 6cyls, or just a plain **** driver behind a v8.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Nah wat they do is that when they step on the go pedal it makes a huge noise but you look next to you and they are going no faster then be4 then ou at the next light be4 they catch up.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
Those V8's you were racing were either running on 6cyls, or just a plain **** driver behind a v8.

for the most part that is true but i have seen 5Lt get destroyed by a vn v6 with basic mods on the strip and it wasn't like the 5Lt wasn't trying if you have a reasonable condition v6 and a manual behind it a tune good airflow and a mini spool and gears its not hard to take down a 5Lt

especially if its stock and no tune put a tune in a 5Lt and some diff mods you can count a v6 dead in the water :yeah:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
for the most part that is true but i have seen 5Lt get destroyed by a vn v6 with basic mods on the strip and it wasn't like the 5Lt wasn't trying if you have a reasonable condition v6 and a manual behind it a tune good airflow and a mini spool and gears its not hard to take down a 5Lt

especially if its stock and no tune put a tune in a 5Lt and some diff mods you can count a v6 dead in the water :yeah:

Thats true, before i had diff gears it was a challenge to beat a 5L till about a 100 (usually it was close, sometimes id win, sometimes they would)..
Now with the gears its a shitload easier (even on gas) but if they have diff gears or actually maintained there car properly i would be screwed lol

just get a v6 and throw a shiftkit, spool (or lsd if you dont do much burnouts) and gears in... That should do the trick :)