Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perhaps Dogie Extractors Install?

Nayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
did u get the twin 2 1/4 cat back?

my dad got extractors and a twin 2 1/4 on his vz v6 and it sounds like a rice burner

haha yea i told the guy at the store i didn't want that.. he guaranteed me it would'nt sound anything like that.. also he said you go for cheap shyt, thats what you get.. cheap rice sound :yeah:

So i'd tell your dad to go back and get a better muffler or something :p

My 2 mate's who have VX SS's commented " yea i guess it sortaaa .. sounds like a LITTLE V8, but nothing compared to mine"

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
I've seen and heard quite a few SV6's with full exhausts, and they sound great.
No ricer sound at all..

But I have also heard some VZ exec's that sound horrid....

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Nayla, will you be getting high flow cats? Or just sticking with the standards?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
haha yea i told the guy at the store i didn't want that.. he guaranteed me it would'nt sound anything like that.. also he said you go for cheap shyt, thats what you get.. cheap rice sound :yeah:

So i'd tell your dad to go back and get a better muffler or something :p

My 2 mate's who have VX SS's commented " yea i guess it sortaaa .. sounds like a LITTLE V8, but nothing compared to mine"

his system cost him 1,500 and its all stainless steel so it wasnt cheap just the alloys dont sound good lol never heard a good one in my life

you should post up a recording of ur exhuast ;)

Nayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
well now I'm *shocked* stainless steal and still rice..

im planning on doing other things .. Pedders sports-ryrder set-up .. then fix front panel (a tree pull out infront of me, when i was fishing in the wet with balled tires XD) .. after those then the cat's .. $700 to do that's expensive hmm..

ORIGINAL POST PLEASE ANY HELP ??

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
id just hit up another exhaust shop. If indeed there is something wrong, the people who did it might play dumb, or tell you theres nothing wrong. Or they might actually admit fault(if there even is any).

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
auto, yea got the pacemakers installed along with the Twin 2.25" Cat-Back Exhaust at the same time, much better than before.. had no muffler on a 2.5" cat-back LOL :yeah:

all installed $1050 :p

Best Exhasu System On A VZ You Can Get Thats Way I Got Nice And Loud And No Dorne

Nayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Best Exhasu System On A VZ You Can Get Thats Way I Got Nice And Loud And No Dorne

haha mate i copied you.. got the exact same, you were right no drone .. perfect set up ( as for stock cat's)

sorry guys .. took it when i got home from uni today .. sun was going down ... no lights to light the engine bay atm.. so ill take a better one tomorrow afternoon..

there's no leakage of air, so I'm assuming nothings wrong.. but better to be safe than sorry.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Yer I Still Got The Stock Cats On Mine Do You Have 1 Or 2 Mufflers