Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Personal Media Player installed

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Hi all,

For those interested after a lot a mucking around (trust me to buy something that doesn't use a standard power plug, and the company doesn't make a car adapter for this model which has "an unique power connector" according to the company Iriver) :bang: I finally have the PMP installed :w00t: , still not 100% there yet, I'm currently using a Belkin tunecast 2 to transmit the sound while Phreddy is making an input mod for me.

Attachments

• P1000280.jpg
    P1000280.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 321

smyth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
The surround looks pretty cool. Nice work.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
that looks awesome. did you make the surround yourself? top job, looks like a factory fitted option.

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Thanks for all the positive comments....It's always good to see other peoples views on things.

The surround is a standard Holden part intended for factory optional Sat Nav. Not the cheapest bit of plastic I've ever found, NZ$82 for the surround. (I'm sure there's probably an after market one at a fraction of the price)
The sideways viewing angle is quite good, It's very chrisp when sitting in the drivers or passengers seat. However the vertical veiwing angle isn't as good and I thought I was going to have to make a bracket to make the unit sit on an angle, but the Holden Sat Nav must have the same problem because the surround makes the unit sit on just the right vertical angle.