Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

personalised plates price

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
Gday, my old ladys selling her 04 BA XR8, firstly whats a decent price do you's think.. Its only done 27000kms, near perfect condition, 18" ROH rims with falken tyres, tinted windows, factory lowered, everything else is stock. The colours mandrin i think it was called, its a darker orange than the usual orange that ya see. secondly i dont really know if plates add value to the car or not but the plates are 'gr8xr8', how much would a reasonable price be for them privately?
cheers

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Considering that personalised plates cost $399 - $499 (depending on your variating name on the plates) -> i.e. $499 for numbers and letters, $399 for just letters or numbers...

I reckon you wouldn't get much over $500

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
they would be worth the same as wat u paid, why pay more when u can get another personalised plate that says simular or even better..people who are selling plates for the 1k-3k mark are absolute dreamers

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
my cuzin had BRK-JNR (Brock Junior) after he had these on for 1 week a guy followed him, signald to pull over for a chat. he was then offered 8k but this guy. he didnt sell them as he loved the plates and only had them for a week. he also has HSV-SK8, im tryin to convince him to give me 1 or the other

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
its my cousin and no he isnt. it was 3 weeks after brock past away. and this guy was a hard core fan with more money then brains

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Considering that personalised plates cost $399 - $499 (depending on your variating name on the plates) -> i.e. $499 for numbers and letters, $399 for just letters or numbers...

I reckon you wouldn't get much over $500
Just so you know, all letters are now $495! They increased by $100! I thought they were going to stay at $395, so i held off buying them, and now i'm kicking myself! Mixplates are also $495 too! :(

If you go the <Letter><Letter><Number><Number><Number><Number> (AA.000 to ZZ.9999)format you'll get those for $295 though.

Last edited:

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
there only worth what someone else wants to pay for them

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
$900 is a good price to sell things for at the moment :)