Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Personalized Plates covered by insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mz_hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
E Series clubsport R8 / VY s
My plates were damaged pretty bad,
So I was wonder if anyone was able to claim on their plates before.
After I have heard you cannot claim, but I've heard of rarities where some instances let you claim.
The reorder fee for MZ-R8 is almost 300 bucks.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Read your policy; I am with shannons, I think it says no I cannot claim on plates. anyway, I would say your excess is greater than $300, ergo there would be no point in claiming.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
NRMA refused to pay for a replacement (plastic) plate for me in 2007 even though it was obviously damaged by the accident which the other driver caused.

Edit: come to think of it, I've been in that situation twice now after my missus was rear ended and it smashed the plate to pieces. This was in 2010.

97VTSS

Read your policy; I am with shannons, I think it says no I cannot claim on plates. anyway, I would say your excess is greater than $300, ergo there would be no point in claiming.
I'm with Shannons too and I asked about mine when I set up the insurance and the guy said if it's part of the car they will be replaced.

mz_hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm with nrma, so I'll have to see what my policy states. Getting her back next week, so I might just suck it up for now and pay the 300 to drive her.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Wouldn't it of been easier ringing your insurance company then asking randoms on a forum?

metester

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Clubsport R8
$300 is a bit rich just for replacements. $125 for two slimlines here in VIC. Better keep that quiet before the Vic Govt. gets any ideas!! All the same I am now curious about my policy!

"E1 Clubby R8 when only an 8 will do!"

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Wouldn't it of been easier ringing your insurance company then asking randoms on a forum?

Ring up NRMA and ask if they replace them - they'll say no like they did to me.

The only reason mine were paid for was because I kept pushing and pushing and sending the bill to them for weeks after the incident.

mz_hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride

Well when I work from 6 to 6 and was on hold for all my lunch, no it wasn't easier

Status
Not open for further replies.