Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Perth installer needed - cash$$ vt seats into vr

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The fronts do bolt straight onto the VR rails, from what I gather from people doing the same conversion on here, but the rears may need a bit of modification because the mounts are different. The only way to really tell is to pull the VR seats out and put them side by side with the VT seats and see what is different.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Cheers mate, am going to attempt to fit the front seats this afternoon. From what i hear, the bolts are a royal pain to remove. Shall give it a shot and let you all know how i go.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
No joy at all. The rails and basically the whole assembly of the vx seat look heaps different from the vr. I have got no idea how to join the rails together or what to take off to make it fit. If i ever do find out i will definately do a HOW TO on this section. Tricky Tricky annoying stuff!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Doesn't the rail frame unbolt from the actual seat?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I can remove the rail frame on the vr ss seats but the bolts dont match up on the new hsv seats. Also the HSV seats have got rounded bolts that look hard to undo.