Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Perth installer needed - cash$$ vt seats into vr

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hi guys,
am heading to perth this weekend to pickup vt coulson hsv seats. Problem is, i have a vr ss!

Does anyone recommend anyone / company to install these in and around the perth area.

Even if anyone on this site has done it before and is interested in some cash. Heading to perth this friday so hoping to get it done over weekend or monday.

Any help is hugely appreciated,
thanks in advance

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
No one interested? I'm willing to do all the work but may just have to bribe someone for their knowledge. As i am not from Perth, i am unsure of any suitable companies.

boby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II supercharged s pack and VY lumina
sorry mate would be keen to help out but got heaps of exams and crap for uni due soon, unless it can wait till like july

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I am hoping to get it done asap, cheers for offer though mate. Have you done this conversion or something similar before, if so, how much would you expect to pay a company to install it (not overly worried about "mod" plates or any of that YET).

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Where abouts are you?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Am up north in Karratha but heading to Perth to pickup the VT Clubby seats. Will travel anywhere in perth!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
From Karratha huh? I lived up there for 6 long dreadful years....LMAO

six years is far too long. I've only done 3 and starting to go crazy - make matters worse is that i am in roebourne not karratha. ouch...

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
OMG Roebourne??? And you drive a car like that around town?

Dad had a $60,000.00 Toyot brand new at the time 4WD, and he refused to drive thru town in that, let alone in something that appeals alot more to the locals. He drove it thru town once and had "one of the locals" jump out in front of him to try and take it, but he almost ran over them to get away and he always hired a bunky if he ever had to go thru there for anything from then on in.

I worked with the Karratha ranger for 2 weeks of the school holidays and we had call outs to go and "assist" the police there.........scared the hell outta me at the time, they always kept me locked in the car to keep me "safe" HAHAHAHAHAHA, never felt it............

When are you due down in Perth?

My partner is NAAF and he can possibly do it for you :)

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
OMG Roebourne??? And you drive a car like that around town?

Dad had a $60,000.00 Toyot brand new at the time 4WD, and he refused to drive thru town in that, let alone in something that appeals alot more to the locals. He drove it thru town once and had "one of the locals" jump out in front of him to try and take it, but he almost ran over them to get away and he always hired a bunky if he ever had to go thru there for anything from then on in.

I worked with the Karratha ranger for 2 weeks of the school holidays and we had call outs to go and "assist" the police there.........scared the hell outta me at the time, they always kept me locked in the car to keep me "safe" HAHAHAHAHAHA, never felt it............

When are you due down in Perth?

My partner is NAAF and he can possibly do it for you :)

Hey, thanks for the info. Just got back from Perth. Will try and fit the chairs myself.

And no way i drive the SS around town. It is locked in a shed all its life. Locals are shocking, numerous car jacking attempts! Lucky i manage an armed Security company as guns seem to deter the locals from trying stupid ****. It is amazing how desperate people are when they have nothing to lose! Unfortunately, if they do jump in front of the car - the only way to get rid of them is speed up and hope they get outta the way.

If you get a chance, could you please ask your partner how painful fitting the chairs to a VR can be? It is my understanding that i can use the original VR rails and the VT front rails go straight on. Rear's are appearantly a pain in the ass. I really have got no idea what i am in for untill i rip all the seats out and have a play with them. Lucky it's not a daily driver!

Cheers for the help guys