Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perth People Where Do I Go?

M

Modesty_VK

hey.

i'm needing to get a new dif for my vl, a new power steering pump, i want to start looking at getting it resprayed a different colour (it's sorta the spray can style atm not very nice) i want a body kit, and i want a sound system.....the dif and the power steering are most important tho.....sooo if u know of any good places to take my car that would be great i'm just totally confussed atm as my mechanic left me so now i have do it my self

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
diff, well, take the old one into a shop that will "hone" your diff, it will give you a practicaly new diff, which should outlast the life of the car. powersteering pump, what's it doing? if you could descrip the symptoms to me, you might be able to rebuild the bloody thing. i know they can be redone, it's like a brake booster, just a couple of o rings, and small little valves. you can get a kit for them at any repco or auto shop

sound system is up to you, people will say that their's is the best, it's totaly up to you, if you want loud thumping music, id go something along the lines of kenwood, or if you can get your hands on one, a yamaha system. (you will pay a motza for the yamaha though)

Lloyd

Reaction score
Website
holdensfords.staghost.com
i can't help you with the diff or the Power Steering, but i can give some ideas on the other stuff.

For Colour choices & Looks, Spray It Dark Blue over silver VL's Look Excellent. Lower it a couple of inches & Add 5-Spoke Alloy's.

For the sound system its up to you and what type of music you listened too. but I would recommend buying either Pioneer Or Alpine.

If you want some idea's look on the net at other peoples VL Commodores.

V

vlturbo

I live in perth and have found the best way to find a decent shop is in Perth Street Car mag and go down to the drags on a wed and talk to some of the drivers ask where they go all there cars are street cars and they let you look inside and at there engines.

As for for the staz forget brands (well maybe not cos a 10 dollar deck is gona sound wack regardless) its how its installed you can spend 10k on a alpine system and have it sound **** house if the install is bad. The brands i have used in some of my cars are sony which isnt the best, alpine and rockford fosgate which is going into my datsun 1200 ute. Audio art and technology are one of the best installers in australia pioneer had them do there demo pickup and monaros and technik which have done some nice work.

If you need help with a staz or need unbiased help pm me.