Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perth speed limits reduced

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
They have had 50k speeds in SA streets for a few years - 60 feels so fast in back streets now. The biggest issue is the signage and the coppers setting cameras just inside the signs. Upset lots of people that use to sit on 65kph - they get pinged 15k's over the limit now.

50 in the CBD will be OK - really is not that much slower and it's proven to save a life or 2 when cars and people blindly walking on roads get together.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It will not change a thing, idiot pedestrians will stop step onto roadways without looking, idiot drivers will still drive stupidly. More nanny crap.

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
They did the same thing in Brisbane CBD last year. I'm not too sure if it has decreased the number of pedestrian vs. car accidents, but it has certainly brought the police doing traffic duty in big time. They've even started using speed camera vans in the CBD!!!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'm very happy with the 50k speed limit on the back streets were the real people live and play. No doubt some zonings are for revenue rasing - you will never stop the Govt from doing this - if it's not speed cameras and the like its taxes.

50k speed limit around the CBD is much safer in general to all that have to be there - be it in a car or on foot.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Doesn't surprise me. This place is a nanny state.

Can't recall, but I think WA pedestrians have right of way on the road anywhere, be it a zebra crossing or not.

Personally I think people here should just learn that cars will hurt, and work around it like everywhere else. But that's just me.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Can't recall, but I think WA pedestrians have right of way on the road anywhere, be it a zebra crossing or not.

That's the case pretty much anywhere mate.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm very happy with the 50k speed limit on the back streets were the real people live and play. No doubt some zonings are for revenue rasing - you will never stop the Govt from doing this - if it's not speed cameras and the like its taxes.

50k speed limit around the CBD is much safer in general to all that have to be there - be it in a car or on foot.

People live and play on the road???? I can understand 50 km/h through someones house where people live and play :p, but roads are for cars, drivers should NEVER be responsible for pedestrians on the roadway except at crossings etc. It is an insane law.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
We had the Brisbane CBD brought down to the 40k speed limit about a year ago. Wouldn't make a difference cause with all the traffic and lights thats about as fast as you can go.